Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FROM FOOTBALL GROUNDS GUIDE - SWANSEA

edited February 2009 in General Charlton
don't know if this is right but if so it might give some of you aheads up :

Surprisingly the Club have made the decision not to sell tickets or provide cash admission to the stadium for away fans on the day of the game. Away supporters are advised to purchase a ticket from their own Club's ticket office, before travelling to the stadium. It is also worth bearing in mind that the Swansea fans are passionate about their club and this can make for an intimidating atmosphere. Exercise caution around the ground.

Comments

• Options
    More importantly, is there a bar in the away end?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]More importantly, is there a bar in the away end?

Yes
  • Options
    Football ground guide is a great site! ;-)
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited February 2009
    With Swansea's promotion to the Championship, pubs near to the stadium have been instructed by the Police not to admit away fans.

So it is either drink on the way to Swansea, go into the city centre or drink inside the stadium. Merv Williams informs me; 'There are a number of pubs on Wind (pronounced as winding a watch) Street in the centre of town, such as SA1, Yates, the Bank Statement and the No Sign Bar (the latter being listed in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide. Ask for Castle Gardens, and you'll see Wind Street'. There is also a large Wetherspoons outlet situated on the Kingsway.

Seeing as pubs are limited it seems (if only they were more like us), out of those listed, in terms of size I would say the Bank Statement/Yates is the best option if you're coming by train.
  • Options
    also remember the ground is no longer near the town centre - not sure how far out of town it is but be prepared for a bit of a hike if using your two legs.

me - i'm going by car and staying overnight so having a drink after the game not before. Stayed in Swansea a couple of times so know a few cheap B&B's.............
  • Options
    I reckon a 30-40min walk up Neath road after looking at the map...