Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

have we done 'PHOBIAS' yet?

i did a search and all i got was a thread about disliking types of food.

so come on then all you brave boys and girls, nail your phobias to the mast.

mine.
rats, mice and spiders that move too fast.

Comments

• Options
    clowns. i just really don't like them.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    i hate boogers snot or sticky crusty or flakey horribe things bar that i havent found anything that bothers me
  • Options
    Glaziers, Eagles, Lions (pink or otherwise ....), Greenies this coming Saturday .......
  • Options
    Snakes all day long! Can't be having them, I don't even like seeing them on the tele!
  • Options
    No phobias.
  • Options
    Placophobia, it's an age thing.
  • Options
    http://phobialist.com/

There are some weird people about.
  • Options
    Beards- Pogonophobia.

ollie look away now mate
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]clowns. i just really don't like them.

A clown holding a handful of snakes would be my ultimate nightmare companion in a lift...
  • Options
    the actor that melts into metal in terminator 2. no idea of his name, but he popped up in the xfiles the other week. actually hide if he comes on screen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Robert Patrick
  • Options
    The bugle.

And I'm not very comfortable with heights. Wouldn't call it a phobia, though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WereByFarTheGreatest[/cite]Robert Patrick

argh just googled him and freaked out. going home now as only one in the office!
  • Options
    Hyah Hyah Hyah.........
  • Options
    I am not ashamed to say it but heights, flying, snakes, spiders, rats, clowns, water do not bother me at all.

HOWEVER

Morris dancers I really don't like, don't know why. Possibly something to do with that poxy sweeps festival in Rochester but I just do not like them. They send a shiver down my spine.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]Snakes all day long! Can't be having them, I don't even like seeing them on the tele!

Yeah man, snakes, scare the living be jesus out of me!! On tele, live, the thought of em!! eeerrrgghhhhhhh

A story, once when i was about 13, i went with a mate to some zoo thing, in the reptile house i was none too pleased, but i was 13 and 'ard!!! Anyway there was this fuckoff snake (and i mean FUCKOFFFFFF) they were putting round poor sods necks for photos, i was like, sod that no thanks, then some stupid little 10 year old girl did it, so i had too, i can tell you know, i aint never been so petrified in all me life!! Still have the pic somewhere but that even scares the bollox off of me, and i have big balls dont you know!

[cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Beards- Pogonophobia.

ollie look away now mate

Don't be silly D, beards rock, you love mine!!??!
  • Options
    not a phobia but eyes. Cringe if people pull their eyes about or there are eyes being cut up or something.

Adam, don't you dare put that Man Ray picture up on here.
  • Options
    Clowns for me as well. Since I was a kid. Much more common than you'd think - its called 'coulrophobia' - and my wife has seen me reduced to a gibbering wreck when one appears suddenly, without warning on the telly. Bastards.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Heights,I dont have a problem with.
    Landing after falling from a great height, I have serious issues with. :-)
  • Options
    oh my lord, i forgot about heights, and flying!! I am basically a white BA Baracus!! I aint geddin on no plane fooooo!! And also i am tough like him too!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saw a show in the west end years back,can't remember which one but toward the end of it a group of Scottish pipers in full clobber with bagpipes blaring came out on stage and the girl i was with at the time literally ran from her seat, straight out of the theatre to the street outside.Said they scare the bejesus out of her and she didn't know why.

Suprise romantic trip to Edinburgh cancelled the very next day!

Bloody Jocks.
  • Options
    i have a phobia about stickers. really can't stand the things, especially when they get a bit cruddy and don't stick very well. Not a good thing when you have two young children.
  • Options
    Mine is ridiculous. I'm diabetic and have been injecting myself for over 25 years but, if I have to have an injection at the doctors/hospital I freak.

I have to have an annual check up, which includes a blood test. So far I've passed out twice, thrown up three times and once went to the toilet afterwards, fainted, threw up and started crying (told you it was ridiculous!)

I can't even watch people having injections on tv.
  • Options
    Dave - you might want to check out a condition called Vasovagal Syncope. My wife has it - it can be bloody frightening to those around you if you have no idea they've got the condition - or don't know what their 'triggers' are. The first time my wife passed out in front of me was when we were at a picnic out at Newlands Corner - nobody around for miles and I somehow managed to hit her across the bridge of her nose by accident - she passed out and collapsed - and I thought I'd killed her! I have never - NEVER - been so scared in all my life - she came round about 45 seconds later to find me weeping like a baby!

Seriously - fainting brought about by a specific trigger is quite common - and treatable, check it out.
  • Options
    For me spiders, although a lot better now, wife has to throw them out of the house if one comes out,once left a business meeting 'cause there was one crawling across the ceiling. Sister freaks at worms
  • Options
    snakes all day long.

Used to have cold sweats watching that steve irwin bloke , and the south african fella who takes photos of snakes- love watching the programmes but jeez makes me hate snakes even more.

all stems from a trip to isle of wight as a primary school kid. In the zoo there and fella there walking round with a python put it round my neck for photo , but from behind, I freaked thought the f****** thing was attacking me.

Yet my oldest boy loves 'em. when we went to floriday that swine was in the reptile places picking the bloody things up and everything whilst i was like a right jessy sweating like a scouser in Dixons.

My wife absolutely hates the music from Halloween -
  • Options
    The Dentist, hate them hate them hate them

And a fear of tight spaces (oi, leave it), ie small tunnels, tight alleyways, how the Marines go through the water filled small tunnels in training is beyond me.
  • Options
    "Dave - you might want to check out a condition called Vasovagal Syncope. My wife has it - it can be bloody frightening to those around you if you have no idea they've got the condition - or don't know what their 'triggers' are. The first time my wife passed out in front of me was when we were at a picnic out at Newlands Corner - nobody around for miles and I somehow managed to hit her across the bridge of her nose by accident - she passed out and collapsed - and I thought I'd killed her! I have never - NEVER - been so scared in all my life - she came round about 45 seconds later to find me weeping like a baby!

Seriously - fainting brought about by a specific trigger is quite common - and treatable, check it out."

To be honest, I'm a lot better than I used to be (haven't fainted for a few years) thanks for the advice though.
  • Options
    Not scared of heights, love flying....but I have a real fear of falling....have done ever since I was a kid...so no chance I will ever do a parachute jump
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]Not scared of heights, love flying....but I have a real fear of falling....have done ever since I was a kid...so no chance I will ever do a parachute jump

It's not the falling that kills you fella, it's the landing!