Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Getting a table for Saturday night

edited February 2009 in Not Sports Related
Anyone else having a mare ?

Who are these sad organised people that book things weeks in advance ??

So much for the credit crunch....

Comments

• Doing the other option, taking the mrs out for a really nice valentines breakfast, a relaxing day and takeaway of choice
  • [cite]Posted By: Thommo[/cite]Doing the other option, taking the mrs out for a really nice valentines breakfast, a relaxing day and takeaway of choice

a relaxing day at the valley?
  • Had a stinker as well, had to book at the ressie restaurant late door, I will have had a skinful by then, could be an interesting night.
  • sure there will be tables in the viceroy charlton village.
  • edited February 2009
    I told Steve not to worry about anything like that - I hate the thought of being ripped off just because of the "day"

A nice romantic trip to the Valley for us on Sat and then a takeaway.

Perfect "significant other" me!! ;o)
  • Mate I don't know why you're bothering

You'll be shoe-horned in , sitting on top of another couple ordering from a over-priced set menu and you have to be in and out within 2 hours .

You'd be better off burning something yourself at home .
  • agreed shag. complte rip off.
  • been married 13 years now I'd rather take the missus out for birthdays etc AND so would she.

Valentins over rated nonsense
  • I would agree. cook a load of finger food, a few glasses of nice wine and all is happy and jolly
  • I'm going out Friday instead. I'm going football Saturday so it's a good compromise!
  • Sponsored links:

• Get yourself down Marks and sparks and get that set meal thing, 20 squid gets you a posh scollop starter, steak for man and a mushy choclatey looking pud, a bottle of cava and 1 red rose!! Roberts your fathers brother!
  • Couldn't think of anything worse. As shag says.
  • whats that marks and sparks or 14th of feb??
  • all of you lot that celebrate valentines do you buy the other half flowers or treat them by taking them out or buying surprises through the rest of the year?
  • [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]all of you lot that celebrate valentines do you buy the other half flowers or treat them by taking them out or buying surprises through the rest of the year?

This is my thinking as to why Valentines is just one big media exagerrated load of tripe. Why should it all come down to one day?

Luckily the missus agrees.
  • Its also my anniversary with the ginger one!! 5 years now!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]all of you lot that celebrate valentines do you buy the other half flowers or treat them by taking them out or buying surprises through the rest of the year?
    I do!!
  • "all of you lot that celebrate valentines do you buy the other half flowers or treat them by taking them out or buying surprises through the rest of the year?"

"This is my thinking as to why Valentines is just one big media exagerrated load of tripe. Why should it all come down to one day?"

Humbug!

Treat 'em mean...
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]Mate I don't know why you're bothering

You'll be shoe-horned in , sitting on top of another couple ordering from a over-priced set menu and you have to be in and out within 2 hours .

You'd be better off burning something yourself at home .[/quote]

spot on....'I'll pay for the takeaway saturday night' is what I've told the missus, plus we can't get a babysitter, we're going out the Saturday after.
  • [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Its also my anniversary with the ginger one!! 5 years now!!!

Poor poor person, A ginger one :oS lol ;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Dan....book a table at the valley mate....afterall, you'll both be there!
  • I have never and will never do something for the other half just cos some card company tells me too.

I often buy her flowers or other little things for no other reason than I lover her and want to show her that more than once a year.

The only time it's ever cropped up is last year when her mates at work were taking the mick but I honestly believe that anyone who just does those kinda things on one day of the year should be ashamed of themsleves
  • Buckshee,

I concur.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]sure there will be tables in the viceroy charlton village.

Last time I was in there (obviously a few years ago) one of my mates was tapping his fag ash into the chutney. LOL . I wasn't impressed at the time.
  • Glad to see romance is alive and well on Charlton Life !
  • go out on friday night. I am with the missus, all valentine day menus on the saturday, a rip off - Clinton cards makes a small fortune, there not in trouble of going into administration are they????
  • [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]I have never and will never do something for the other half just cos some card company tells me too.

I often buy her flowers or other little things for no other reason than I lover her and want to show her that more than once a year.

The only time it's ever cropped up is last year when her mates at work were taking the mick but I honestly believe that anyone who just does those kinda things on one day of the year should be ashamed of themsleves

Buckshee I couldn't agree more fella and until this year my missus and me have adopted the moral high ground and avoided getting involved in the whole thing except sending a card......at least I assume they've been from her.....anyway I digress.......yesterday, she drops in into the conversation that after 13 years she's gone and brought me a little present. The cow.

I now have a dilema, do I:

A) buckle under the pressure to conform and shell out for a box of choc's or something only to hear her complain that she's feeling fat for the week after eating them and why did I buy them, when I know she's on a diet, etc, etc or

B) stick to my guns, gratefully accept my gift and wait for her to ask for hers at which point they'll no doubt be a barney along the lines of "I thought we agreed? / I thought it was be nice for a change..."
  • edited February 2009
    Go with A, tell her you brought them first, must always be the first option, other wise the dog house awaits she wont complain as she will think that your thoughtful still after all these years
  • [cite]Posted By: Les Addicks[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]I have never and will never do something for the other half just cos some card company tells me too.

Buckshee I couldn't agree more fella and until this year my missus and me have adopted the moral high ground and avoided getting involved in the whole thing except sending a card......at least I assume they've been from her.....anyway I digress.......yesterday, she drops in into the conversation that after 13 years she's gone and brought me a little present. The cow.

I now have a dilema, do I:

A) buckle under the pressure to conform and shell out for a box of choc's or something only to hear her complain that she's feeling fat for the week after eating them and why did I buy them, when I know she's on a diet, etc, etc or

B) stick to my guns, gratefully accept my gift and wait for her to ask for hers at which point they'll no doubt be a barney along the lines of "I thought we agreed? / I thought it was be nice for a change..."

think hard about something she may have mentioned recently about wanting/liking - a cd, a song etc. a single, or an old song that she always sings to. get her that. last minute, thoughtful, cheap and brownie points and one upmanship!

i'd rather nothign at all than a box of chocolates bought in a bit of a panic.
  • I've never really bothered with it, but the mrs & I are trying to do more together (shows/exhibitions/days out etc etc) & so for the first time in the 10 years we've been together, we're going out on Valentines...
    Only the Tai Pan at New Eltham, but it's a nice enough place :o)