Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Plymouth Match Thread - going ahead?

edited February 2009 in General Charlton
I thought I'd start this up..

If Blackheath is anything to judge by this morning, this game looks like it might not go ahead. Anyone heard anything so far?

Comments

• Options
    Why whats happended in Blackheath ?
  • Options
    2mm of rainfall.
  • Options
    we don't play at Blackheath do we ? Is there excessive kite flying taking place or has the circus pitched up ? The latter might affect us as our our clowns could be busy elsewhere.
  • Options
    Maybe we could get some on loan if the circus is cancelled ?
  • Options
    the ground is waterlogged then frozen (funny people)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]the ground is waterlogged then frozen (funny people)

Last night was a frost though, so would the Valley pitch be as badly affected as the open heath?
  • Options
    Golfie is carrying out a pitch inspection in Swanley this morning.

If the roundabout in front of ASDA is playable then our game goes ahead.
  • Options
    It will certainly confuse the opposition, dont envy the ball boys though.
  • Options
    Medders: at last someone with sense. That I guess is my question, I need to know if I am required to visit the Valley on Sat at 3pm

:)
  • Options
    isn't there snow forecast for tonight ? Any more than 1mm and we'll struggle to get the game on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]I thought I'd start this up..

If Blackheath is anything to judge by this morning, this game looks like it might not go ahead. Anyone heard anything so far?

I've played at Blackheath many times in the past (but never in the future) - and never were any of our matches called off.

Anyway, I bet you got the tip off from a West Ham shareholder - you're not Bexleyboy are you .... ?

;o)
  • Options
    I resent being called a Bexley boy, I will always be a Greenwich boy even though I have now relocated over the border in Kent.

:))
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Golfie is carrying out a pitch inspection in Swanley this morning.

If the roundabout in front of ASDA is playable then our game goes ahead.

Why do you keep referring to Swanley, Henry? I'm starting to get a complex.
  • Options
    Was surprised it was minus 2 when I left for work at 8.30am.....beautiful morning.
  • Options
    I think it all depends on whether Hudson's fit or not.......
  • Options
    It's looking grim now [mixing topics a bit :-)]
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Why is kelvin mckenzie doing a book signing at JD Sports?
  • Options
    Snowing in Shooters Hill now.
  • Options
    no prolem Henry - ASDA roundabout was all clear when I came past at around 1pm today so early pitch inspection done and woebetide the club if game is called off at 2pm Saturday due to adverse weather.
  • Options
    Snowing in Bromley now.

Game off I reckon
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    snowing in epping
  • Options
    snowing in Enfield

Game definitaly off no way i can get there in 1 mm of snow
  • Options
    If it is postponed it is a conspiracy to make men pay attention to their girlfriends/wives on valentine's day. outrageous.
  • Options
    Nothing in Ashford.

100% Off.
  • Options
    Sleet turning to snow Reigate way, am starting journey to Valley as soon as I've sorted out the flask and sandwiches.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]Sleet turning to snow Reigate way, am starting journey to Valley as soon as I've sorted out the flask and sandwiches.

You're a Valley Gold member and you've got a ticket in the East Stand, obviously ....?

;o)
  • Options
    Aren't we supposed to be bankrupt by Saturday anyway??
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    And Administration by Monday......?

;o)
  • Options
    taken over on Tuesday

; - )
  • Options
    Moved grounds on Wednesday

: - )