Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Happy Birthday Charlie Darwin

200 today

Comments

• Options
    I bet you were hoping this thread evolved into a deeper debate.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]I bet you were hoping this thread evolved into a deeper debate.

According to Darwin if the thread is well adapted to its environment it will survive and pass on its advantages to other thread.

If not it will die out.
  • Options
    Original
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]Original

No, I stole the idea from Alfred Wallace : - )
  • Options
    Wallace was going to publish his own theories on evolution and wanted to check with his contemparies - so he naturally selected Darwin.

That spurred Darwin to publish his first and his work has forever been acknowledge as the fittest surviving theory.

Abrham Lincoln is 200 year old today as well. (Apart from that Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play?)
  • Options
    my friend is 21 today - but he's a palace fan so i will egg his car...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]200 today

Blimey, I thought he was dead.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]200 today

Blimey, I thought he was dead.

No, he evolved
  • Options
    So that's Henry sitting at his desk, composing his latest offering to Charlton Life .... ?

;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is the one with the knife AFKA?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]So that's Henry sitting at his desk, composing his latest offering to Charlton Life .... ?

;o)

UMM This is coming from the man who works on his PC all day?

The person at the computer is obviously a Palace fan who gets his kicks using the internet while naked. Most likely Matt Ov whatsit.

I'm more worried about the Millwall supporter third from the left
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]So that's Henry sitting at his desk, composing his latest offering to Charlton Life .... ?

;o)

UMM This is coming from the man who works on his PC all day?

Actually, I spend most of my time on the phone to clients all day.
    But like many others, leave CL running on the toolbar and then knock out a salvo of responses to some of the current bunch of topics.

Okay *puts hands above head*
    I confess, it's not Henry ..... it's ME!!!

;o)
  • Options
    If the naked chap on his pc is a Palace fan then the second from left is undoubtedly a Millwall supporter.
  • Options
    I think Darwins theories are basically sound but don't explain some of the mutations which have led to certain adapted features/changes in plants and animals. In short I believe that certain environmental factors are passed directly via living genes to future generations, ergo there are two forces, gene mutation leading to random selection and environmental genetic adaptation.....................stands back whilst people call me a heretic!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]I think Darwins theories are basically sound but don't explain some of the mutations which have led to certain adapted features/changes in plants and animals. In short I believe that certain environmental factors are passed directly via living genes to future generations, ergo there are two forces, gene mutation leading to random selection and environmental genetic adaptation.....................stands back whilst people call me a heretic!!

Heretic ;o)
  • Options
    Evolution is of course only part of the story.

Genetic engineering where aliens descended to earth and mixed their own DNA with that of the Ape, thus creating man in their own image - is the missing link.

Isn't that right, Henry .... ?
  • Options
    What the hell did Charles Darwin ever do for me?
  • Options
    The missing link comes from New Cross.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]The missing link comes from New Cross.

I thought they were all Neanderthals...?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Evolution is of course only part of the story.

Genetic engineering where aliens descended to earth and mixed their own DNA with that of the Ape, thus creating man in their own image - is the missing link.

Isn't that right, Henry .... ?

Obviously that only applies to people with Red Hair. We are the chosen ones, the tomorrow people, the homosuperiors.
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]I think Darwins theories are basically sound but don't explain some of the mutations which have led to certain adapted features/changes in plants and animals. In short I believe that certain environmental factors are passed directly via living genes to future generations, ergo there are two forces, gene mutation leading to random selection and environmental genetic adaptation.....................stands back whilst people call me a heretic!!

Sorry don't get that. All variations are passed via DNA. How do the environmental factors alter the genes? The mutation comes at the stage when the genes are copied and merged ie sexual reproduction or shagging as Darwin called it.

An external change in the environment ie a white person moving from England to a hot climate will develop a tanned skin. His/her child will not be born with a tanned skin or more melamine (sp)

Otherwise all male jewish babies would be born without foreskins or have I missed you point completely?
  • Options
    I have a foreskin and am not jewish. What does that prove ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]I have a foreskin and am not jewish. What does that prove ?

I don't know, you have a compulsion to discuss your gentialia in public? ; - )
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Oh, well I suppose he was responsible for the feeling of degeneration circa 1880-1940. Something which has 'evolved' (hah) into the widespread idea of humanity slowly heading towards complete obliteration. Which has of course lead to the moral decline of society. Something which does affect me. Go Darwin.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]Oh, well I suppose he was responsible for the feeling of degeneration circa 1880-1940. Something which has 'evolved' (hah) into the widespread idea of humanity slowly heading towards complete obliteration. Which has of course lead to the moral decline of society. Something which does affect me. Go Darwin.

Go Darwin....?

He's gone already, Chunes, in 1882.
    Sorry.
  • Options
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change."

Hmmmm, lots of changes at Charlton over the last few years. :-)
  • Options
    Perhaps, were evolving ....... ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Perhaps, were evolving ....... ?
    :-)
  • Options

Into what though? : - (
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Into what though? : - (

Good question, Henry.

We could do with some alien intervention.
    Perhaps Burton could be genetically engineered into a goal scorer .... ?

;o)