Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans back board stance...for now

edited February 2009 in General Charlton
http://www.gravesendreporter.co.uk/content/Charlton_Football_Club/story.aspx?brand=GVSROnline&category=CharltonFootball&tBrand=GVSROnline&tCategory=CharltonFootball&itemid=WeED11%20Feb%202009%2015%3A34%3A59%3A817

Comments

• Options
    That makes me laugh. The rumour was started by a West Ham shareholder. Given that they are in much more debt than we will ever be he should worry about them not us.
  • Options
    yeh the last para is a bit comical.
  • Options
    Sorry BT, i'm generally a big supporter of the 'locals', but i found that really amateurish.
  • Options
    I think amateurish is a compliment
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]That makes me laugh. The rumour was started by a West Ham shareholder. Given that they are in much more debt than we will ever be he should worry about them not us.[/quote]

Absolutely correct. People in glass houses and all that....
  • Options
    "The mounting gossip was given fresh impetus on Monday by a poster on a Charlton fans' message board, who claimed that a West Ham shareholder had told him that the Championship strugglers were in grave economic difficulties."

What an absolute load of rubbish!!
    If i write on here that my West Ham mate told me we're going to make a double swoop for Messi and Xavi in the summer, maybe you could write an article about that.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    When Bexleyboy first ran this story he said that a member of staff at West Ham had told him we would be making an announcement at the end of the month.

Bexleyboy took this to mean administration despite the lack of any evidence and the obvious flaw in the source.

When Richard Murray came out and denied it Bexleyboy's response was to say the club had brought forward the announcement forward.

You couldn't make it up.
  • Options
    who is bexleyboy?
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]who is bexleyboy?[/quote]

Used to post on Netaddicks and whatever it became (VFR?). Now posts on Addickted.

http://www.addickted.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=15554
  • Options
    yes i remember the poster. I just wondered if anyone knew his identity.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]yes i remember the poster. I just wondered if anyone knew his identity.

Sorry, misunderstood. No, no idea who he is.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]yes i remember the poster. I just wondered if anyone knew his identity.

He's from Bexley if that helps. Most probably male as well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]

He's from Bexley if that helps. Most probably male as well.

Do you live at 221b Baker St by any chance ; - )
  • Options
    No, he doesn't ..... but does have a yellow frontdoor.

Lemon entry, my dear Watson.
  • Options
    does anyone really think that deciding to go into administration would provoke a fans' revolt?
  • Options
    Most of our fans are revolting already - especially those sitting in the East Stand.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Most of our fans are revolting already - especially those sitting in the East Stand.

Oi! It's the north stand riff raff who bring the tome down
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Most of our fans are revolting already - especially those sitting in the East Stand.

Oi! It's the north stand riff raff who bring the tome down

Yeah, throw the book at them, Henry.

But keep the volume down
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Oi! It's the north stand riff raff who bring thetomedown

Yeah, throw the book at them, Henry.

But keep the volume down

They can't read

And I can't proof read
  • Options
    The mounting gossip was given fresh impetus on Monday by a poster on a Charlton fans' message board, who claimed that a West Ham shareholder had told him that the Championship strugglers were in grave economic difficulties.

how on earth can that be called a news paper article hang your head in shame