Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

First time ever

I am considering not renewing my season ticket,for finanacial reasons, Time i think to put business first,there maybe a opportunity to run a club shop at a local club on a saturday or sunday for who we supply stuff with.If I don't take it up someone else might and therefore may source the goods elsewhere.I have got to give this some serious consideration as things are pretty quiet.I watched newsnight last night make no mistake unless you are working in the public sector this is going to be extremely hard.They were saying
this will affect all businesses and not just people on the lower rungs of the pay ladder.It was feckin scary.

Comments

• Options
    Looks like i just got into the public sector in time.
  • Options
    Too true mate - you have to get your priorities totally in check at the moment. For me - i've never experienced anything like this before and it is pretty scary.

Not taking anything for granted in my job or security at the moment.
  • Options
    Public sector isn't safe - Trust me.
  • Options
    sounds like a no brainer Steve to be honest.

Charlton will always be here , hopefully, so you can get this set up running well and always come on occassions - - get your business a good name and other clubs may well come knocking - could have a knock on effect.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Public sector isn't safe - Trust me.[/quote]

Completely agree I can think of many professions or careers that are 'so called' recession proof.
  • Options
    Besides Steve - we're going to win the rest of our games, sneak into the playoffs, win them and then you'll have a free season ticket next year.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Thommo[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Public sector isn't safe - Trust me.

Completely agree I can think of many professions or careers that are 'so called' recession proof.

Undertakers?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]
    I watched newsnight last night make no mistake unless you are working in the public sector this is going to be extremely hard.
    They were saying this will affect all businesses and not just people on the lower rungs of the pay ladder.It was feckin scary.

It's sticky out there and getting stickier - I've found out that for myself because I'm in Sales & Marketing and people are being very cautious with much of their spending.

But it does get me that some glib media clowns do nothing but talk this whole bloody country into a recession deeper than it might ever need to be - and scare the sh1t out of people in the process.

Talk about creating self-fulfilling prophecy....!

Rant over. ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]But it does get me that some glib media clowns do nothing but talk this whole bloody country into a recession deeper than it might ever need to be - and scare the sh1t out of people in the process.

Talk about creating self-fulfilling prophecy....!

Couldn't agree more.
  • Options
    You can't scough at any financial opportunity at the moment plus there's gonna be plenty of midweek games still.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2009
    I have to say - I did the same back in 2006 and get to at least 10 games a season still - this season I have seen 3 wins 2 draws and 2 losses. Not bad a record if you ask me!

Once I have the money - hopefully next season the season after next I will make a season's return in this league or below.

(buying a newer car in the next couple of weeks!)
  • Options
    I have some serious thinking to do as to whether or not to renew.