Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Giant White Horse to be Built in Kent

edited February 2009 in Not Sports Related
Anyone else seen this? £2m!!! It just seems a bit flat to me, its not really that nice to look at in my opinion. I'm glad I won't be having to stare at it out my window!

Surely £2m could be better spent?!

White Horse

Comments

• Options
    Yeah I saw it yesterday or the day before on the Charlton fans site Charlton Life.

You should read it sometime :- )
  • Options
    hmmmmmmmm well atleast it ain't tax payers money being wasted on this

but I thought Eurostar recorded record loss (yet again) and had to be sold (with its HUGE debt) to some Frenchies??
  • Options
    Having seen the shortlist for this, i can safely say i think the best of the bunch was chosen. However IMO it should have been the rearing horse 'Invicta'
    I'm sure it is to be built with private finance.
  • Options
    as long as taxpayers money isn't wasted then ok. I love when driving round Oz visiting the big scuptures they have around. I've seen the 'Big Pineapple', the 'Big Lobster' near Kingston, SA and a couple of others I can't recall now.
  • Options
    I think it's a great idea, I live less than 1 mile away and think it will be an excellent addition to the local landscape.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Daggs[/cite] However IMO it should have been the rearing horse 'Invicta'

I'm sure health and safety would have been on that like a shot. 50 metres high and only supported by two legs.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stoneroses19[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Daggs[/cite]However IMO it should have been the rearing horse 'Invicta'

I'm sure health and safety would have been on that like a shot. 50 metres high and only supported by two legs.

I'm fairly confident the two legs would have been made of something quite strong.........
  • Options
    There were four options you could vote for. This was by far the most popular but I thought it was artistically bland and totally unexceptional. The other choices weren't challenging either. Kent, home of Darwin, the biggest and most challenging figure that shaped today's thinking and we go for a white horse. Ah well.
  • Options
    was not my choice but I don't mind. I should be able to see it from my bedroom window, on their own the options put forwards looked a bit strange. it was only when the computer mockups put them in context you could really appreciate what was going on. I am looking forward to it, although from what I understand it does kind of look like the trains from France will emerge from out of the backside of the horse.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]from what I understand it does kind of look like the trains from France will emerge from out of the backside of the horse.

Even more fitting then, LOL
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Daggs[/cite]Having seen the shortlist for this, i can safely say i think the best of the bunch was chosen. However IMO it should have been the rearing horse 'Invicta'
    I'm sure it is to be built with private finance.

Exactly I am getting fed up with hearing this is the symbol of the county, a horse rampant is surely more the corporate image they should be after, rather than an old nag that looks destined to be glue
  • Options
    Not very PC why a white horse it could offend people

Please can we vote for a black one?
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Daggs[/cite]Having seen the shortlist for this, i can safely say i think the best of the bunch was chosen. However IMO it should have been the rearing horse 'Invicta'
    When I heard about it I thought it would be the Invicta horse. Seeing that visual, what a huge letdown! Mind anything's better than the Angel of the North - what a pile of rust-coloured shite that is.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Not very PC why a white horse it could offend people

Please can we vote for a black one?
    "

"In [ancient Indian] Vedic myth and ritual the white horse represented the primeval force that moves at the speed of light. The white horse played a key role in later religions: Islam, Buddhism, and Christianity.

Think they've got PC covered
  • Options
    I think we should make Pardew sit on it every time we play a reserve match at Ebbsfleet.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Not very PC why a white horse it could offend people

Please can we vote for a black one?[/quote]"

"In [ancient Indian] Vedic myth and ritual the white horse represented the primeval force that moves at the speed of light. The white horse played a key role in later religions: Islam, Buddhism, and Christianity.

Think they've got PC covered[/quote]

Well im pleased
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted by Article[/cite]the developers of the Ebbsfleet Valley...
    ...representing the regeneration of north Kent.

Anyone else reading the subtext here? Large, golfie or pete_tong1 surely you must see what's being (un)said here? ;-0
  • Options
    Ebbsfleet to buy out the Valley?