Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Plymouth Argyle

edited February 2009 in General Charlton
A dyed in the wool Argyle mate of mine just emailed me.
How familiar does this sound:

"Argyle are in freefall at the moment so I'd be surprised if we got anything at the Valley. I saw them twice last month as I was back in blighty (sorry I didnt get to see you) and they were gutless. As soon as the first goal went in, in both matches, the heads went down and they were broken. Not good signs. They have only scored 5 times in 13 matches which is even more worrying. Anyways, I'm used to it, same old argo'! "

So if Argyle score first, our heads drop and we're beat.
But if Charlton score first, hey job done, everyone can pack up and go home. 3 points.

;o)

Comments

• Options
    There are pretty poor.

They'll still get a result against us though :-(
  • Options
    I had them relegated in that predictor thing yesterday and the miraculous thing was....we stayed up.....not sure how, I was really brutal with our results
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]I had them relegated in that predictor thing yesterday and the miraculous thing was....we stayed up.....not sure how, I was really brutal with our results

WE ARE STAYING UP WE ARE STAYING UP!!!

Believe.
  • Options
    oggy for you bud i reckon this one we will be victorious
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]As soon as the first goal went in, in both matches, the heads went down and they were broken.

We've been like that for a long time.

Could be down to who gets the first goal.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]oggy for you bud i reckon this one we will be victorious

Chears, NLA ...... got to put one over those Greenies!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    But if Charlton score first, hey job done, everyone can pack up and go home. 3 points.

So it's got 0-0 written all over it then!
  • Options
    If we can win this one it will be a boost to us and an absolute hammer blow for them.
  • Options
    Its an interesting one. Win and we can start to dream maybe. Lose or draw and it really is curtains.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]A dyed in the wool Argyle mate of mine just emailed me.
    How familiar does this sound:
    [i]
    "Argyle are in freefall at the moment so I'd be surprised if we got anything at the Valley. I saw them twice last month as I was back in blighty (sorry I didnt get to see you) and they were gutless. As soon as the first goal went in, in both matches, the heads went down and they were broken. Not good signs. They have only scored 5 times in 13 matches which is even more worrying. Anyways, I'm used to it, same old argo'! "[/i]

;o)[/quote]

Funny enough I had a similar conversation with a mate of mine who is an Argyle fan. He also thought we were one of the better teams to have played at Home Park. He thinks Argyle are in serious danger of joining the relegation fight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Captain of my darts team is Plymouth.
    He expects to lose as plymouth have ' No strikers and crap defence' - sound familiar?
    Gonna be 0-0 or 4-4
  • Options
    When was the last time we scorced 4!!!!!!
  • Options
    Against Reading earlier this season. A distant memory.
  • Options
    You mean another 'must win' game ! :-)
  • Options
    I fancy us to take the lead in the first half, have loads of pressure after that without scoring that crucial second-we'll then retreat to the edge of our box for the last 15 minutes and concede a 97th minute equalizer. And then Parkinson will tell us afterwards about all the positives he's taking from the game and that if we keep performing like that, we'll be fine come the (ever nearer) end of the season.

I could be wrong though....................
  • Options
    0-0 all the way.

We are shite, they are as shite.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]0-0 all the way.

We are shite, they are as shite.

Clem - note to self "I must not post at 2AM after a bad night out" - ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: HandG[/cite]I fancy us to take the lead in the first half, have loads of pressure after that without scoring that crucial second-we'll then retreat to the edge of our box for the last 15 minutes and concede a 97th minute equalizer. And then Parkinson will tell us afterwards about all the positives he's taking from the game and that if we keep performing like that, we'll be fine come the (ever nearer) end of the season.

I could be wrong though....................

Very similar to my thoughts, except I have a 90th minute equaliser and a 97th minute winner for Argyle...
  • Options
    Paul Mariner has taken over from Paul Sturrock who has been handed a business support role.
  • Options
    Feel sorry for Sturrock, seems a genuine nice guy but the results have been poor and he would probably have gone last season but for his first spell at the club. He has also got Parkinsons I believe so maybe the job was a bit too much. Wish him all the best!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2009
    All my Greenie mates down here are well pleased ..... they feared certain relegation with Sturrock and his "stop the other team playing at all costs", one up front and 5 holding midfielders.
  • Options
    They were really poor against us last season which is pretty damning considering the opposition. They looked one paced and lacking invention. Then this season the most threatening player i've seen (Noone) turns out to be a an Argyle forward who's been shipped out on loan, i can see why their fans were less than impressed.
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Edited: Already posted on other thread