Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

who has seen league 1 and 2 football this season.

This comes from a comment by killers beard about Charlie McDonald, as I saw him score a hat trick for Brentford against Chester. He was the best player on either side that game, but of course this is league 2 and against Chester one of the worst teams i have seen. I have also seen James Walker and Osei Sankofi at the Leyton Orient v Southend game. Osei put in a solid if not spectacular performance at rightback you can see he is still coming back from thta long injury lay off he had and he is still only 23. James Walker came on as sub with 10mins to go and scored Southends equaliser one of the best goals I have seen this season he cut in from the right beat two defenders and then curled the ball into the top left corner of the net from 12-15yds.
The most important thing I have noted from watching these games is that even this charlton team of can win at these lower division levels.

Comments

• Options
    As has been shown by our convincing displays against luton and yeovil in recent years...
  • Options
    the leeds v millwall game, last night, was limited in skill and quality but it was a tough battle ... not for the football purists....
    still there were those who would prefer to see us plying our trade in the lower leagues rather than watch us grind it out in the 'money grabbing' premiership...
    i mean losing to arsenal 4-0 and nicking results here and there or beating aboslutenortherndogshit fc in the third tier , i know what i'd prefer
  • Options
    the 4-0 at the Emirates was pretty grim in my opinion.

did we have an effort on goal?

could have been double figures if not for Carson having a fine game

tickets were what £45

did you really enjoy it ooh ahh?

more importantly, were you actually there?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]the 4-0 at the Emirates was pretty grim in my opinion.

tickets were what £45

I was in the Arsenal end, horrible match, M Bent probably touched the ball twice.
  • Options
    We're not actually very good against Absolutenortherndogshit FC whenever we play them, regardless of the division we are playing in.

So instead of getting beat at Bolton or Wigan, or Barnsley or Burnley, if some of you are looking forward to Oldham or Huddersfield if we can successfully fulfill our dreams of relegation ...... I'm sure you've got a shock coming.

That's how it was back in our 3rd Division days, whenever we used to have travel to Halifax, Grimsby or York City.
  • Options
    anyone who's been to charlton in 2008/9 has seen less than league 1&2 Footy...
  • Options
    Rotherham in the rain-----lost
    Rochdale when Valley Away got banned by the club
    Barnsley when we had miners in the UK

etc etc etc etc
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Rotherham in the rain
    lost

etc etc etc etc

Some people seem to be looking forward to it, GH.

But not any of us who endured the reality of all those sh1t-hole grounds - and the long dreary journey back having seen the team kicked up in the air, outfought and outplayed.

That's why I say it's easier to stay up this year, than win instant promotion next season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]the 4-0 at the Emirates was pretty grim in my opinion.

tickets were what £45

Horrible game i got so fed up i nearly packed it all in and took up train spotting!

Seats two rows from the front with a worms eye view of the pitch,so we stood up and the second we did that we got "I hope you''re not going to stand all game,we can't see" so we went and stood at the back with the wheelchair supporters.No atmospere in the ground whatsoever.Left when it was 3-0

Crap referee Mike Riley,offside goal,player sent off,4-0 drubbing all for a paltry £45 quid !!

I'm getting shivers down my spine just thinking about that game.

AAAARRRRGGHH!!!
  • Options
    Not exactly an authority on the lower leagues but I've seen Charlton live this season twice (Plymouth away and Southampton at home) and I've seen Exeter City play twice (Luton and Chester at home) and the standard isn't a million miles apart I'm afraid.

In fact, since we've gone long ball under Parky, Exeter are the better side to watch, and play a very attractive passing game. As you would expect, first touch is generally better in the higher division and there is a difference in the standard of goalkeeping but I certainly don't think we'll find it much easier to win games in league 1. Also, if you think refs like Attwell are a bit of a joke, be prepared for a shock in the lower leagues!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Rotherham in the rain
    lost

etc etc etc etc

Some people seem to be looking forward to it, GH.

But not any of us who endured the reality of all those sh1t-hole grounds - and the long dreary journey back having seen the team kicked up in the air, outfought and outplayed.

That's why I say it's easier to stay up this year, than win instant promotion next season.

Going to be a shock to many on here I think. I've seen quite a bit of Div3/4 football with Bournemouth over the last 10 years and the standard is appaling to say the least. Yes, there are one or two teams every year who seem to want to play it about a bit and have a bit more quality about them but in general you really would be hard pushed to see the difference between teams at that level and many non-league teams. One touch football is something most of them can only watch on MOTD as most of them take at least 2 or 3 to bring the thing under control before promptly losing it or hoofing it up to the big lump of a centre foward to chase. They work hard no doubt but the quality, compared to what many have grown used to, is going to be a wake up call.

Still, I've seen us there before and, ratherly cleverly I think, I've been subjecting myself to a few Div 3/4 games a season over the years, so hopefully I'm fully prepared for next years dross...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Les Addicks[/cite]One touch football is something most of them can only watch on MOTD as most of them take at least 2 or 3 to bring the thing under control before promptly losing it or hoofing it up to the big lump of a centre foward to chase.

Add in punt the ball aimlessly up field when defending a one nil lead and you could be reading the match report from our last three games :0)
  • Options

tickets were what £45

Yes i was there and i didn't mind losing to a decent football team rather than the crap we lose to nowadays
  • Options
    Fair enough - you're obviously entitled to your opinion.