Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Murty Views and Update on Loan Status

Comments

• Options
    great commitment shown there..
  • Options
    I can't believe how much this bloke keeps saying he wants to go back. F*** him off out of it he's made no great difference as it is.
  • Options
    That just about sums up the attitude of loan players. He gives the impression that he's trying hard, but his motivation is to get back into the Reading team as opposed to really caring about what happens to us.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]I can't believe how much this bloke keeps saying he wants to go back. F*** him off out of it he's made no great difference as it is.

I'm afraid he is by far a better player than the alternative we have at the club.
  • Options
    Its an interview by a Reading paper guys - cut him some slack.

He has shown more commitment and desire than a lot of our players in the month he has been with us than some of the players over the past two years, and as Dyer says - he is better than what we have.

If the NewsShopper interviewed him - i guess it would read a lot differently.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Its an interview by a Reading paper guys - cut him some slack.

He has shown more commitment and desire than a lot of our players in the month he has been with us than some of the players over the past two years, and as Dyer says - he is better than what we have.

If the NewsShopper interviewed him - i guess it would read a lot differently.

100% Agree, he's between a rock and a hard place.
  • Options
    He's just telling Reading supporters what they want to hear.

He's only going to get his place back at Reading if the 1st choice RB is injured/suspended.
    He knows that.

Meanwhile, he's doing a job on the park - and behind the scenes too.
  • Options
    There's been a lot of discussion recently about the effect of loan players on team spirit.
    How would Moo2 feel if he reads that. He's desperate to play, but the bloke keeping him out of the team can't wait to get away and go home to his parent club!
  • Options
    yeah fair enough
  • Options
    Has he played at all for Reading this season?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]There's been a lot of discussion recently about the effect of loan players on team spirit.
    How would Moo2 feel if he reads that. He's desperate to play, but the bloke keeping him out of the team can't wait to get away and go home to his parent club![/quote]

There seems to be a great deal of support for Moo2 on these pages, he has played well a couple of times, he has been absolutely tragic at others. The reason he is out of the team is because the management team dont think he is up to it defensively/his attitude is wrong (add alternative possible reason here...).

If Moo2 is desperate to play he needs to make it show on the training pitch, impress Parky, improve his defensive frailties, make a case to be played in midfield whatever.

May sound harsh but I dont particularly care how Moo2 feels if/when he reads that, he gets paid like the others do. If he wants to play he needs to prove he should play END OF.
  • Options
    To be honest, I don't give a flying what any of them say in the press, loans or otherwise, I'll judge them by what I see on the pitch and imo Murty has been as wholehearted as anyone else this season.

Andy Gray turned down a move to Stoke, apparently because he wanted to stay and get games, trouble is in his 12 months at the club he's probably looked genuinely like he wants to be here less than 5 times.

Give me someone who puts in a shift over a lazy sod anyday, regardless of whether they really want to be here or not - its called professionalism and its what's been horribly lacking for 2 or 3 seasons now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Thommo[/cite]
    If he wants to play he needs to prove he should play END OF.

'Ere 'ere!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]To be honest, I don't give a flying what any of them say in the press, loans or otherwise, I'll judge them by what I see on the pitch and imo Murty has been as wholehearted as anyone else this season.

Give me someone who puts in a shift over a lazy sod anyday, regardless of whether they really want to be here or not - its called professionalism and its what's been horribly lacking for 2 or 3 seasons now.

well said that man , all this bollox about play our player (even though they are crap)... as long as they put it all in for us when they represent us that's what matters and this guys gone thru the pain barrier for us when our own players aren't as fully committed
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Its an interview by a Reading paper guys - cut him some slack.

If the NewsShopper interviewed him - i guess it would read a lot differently.[/quote]

I'm not doubting his effort, that has been clearly evident on all the commentaries that I've listened to. However he is an intelligent guy and should know that his words would eventually find their way on to forums such as this. He could have shown more diplomacy and respect to his current team. What we need right now is unity between the players, fans and the club in general. His remarks in my opinion do not give the impression that he is completely commited to the cause.
  • Options
    send him back to Reading right now - he's only here cos he's Parkinson's old mate and he wants to regain match fitness.

he's not here for CAFC at all

and from what I've seen of him he's old, slow and past it.

complete waste of space....
  • Options
    He'd rather play for promotion hopefuls Reading, the club he captains (and has played with for years in almost every division in England), rather than be adrift at the bottom of the league at Charlton? What a scumbag.

Surprised he didn't get injured in the interview.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]well said that man , all this bollox about play our player (even though they are crap)... as long as they put it all in for us when they represent us that's what matters and this guys gone thru the pain barrier for us when our own players aren't as fully committed

Don't get me wrong I'd rather see Moots or any of our yougsters getting their chance, but unless they realise the hard work and committment required to be a successful 1st team player they'll just end up like all the other wastes of space we've endured watching recently.

If Moots or whoever want their chance that badly they've a) got to prove it to the manager and b) take it by working hard at their weaknesses as well as doing what they're naturally good at. In return Parky must swallow his pride and stick them in when they show the desire and keep em in when they do well. I think he's done that with Dicko (who in turn has done a & b above) but maybe was a bit guilty of dropping a couple of others like Wright.

For me Moots has looked generally very enthusiastic but really hasn't come on much as a player since we first signed him. He's still a great athletic player with lots of skill and flair for a fullback but he's still horribly vulnerable in the air and very prone to ball watching. He'll never be the complete player without some time to tune his skills at first team level but he can get better than he currently is by training hard and playing in the reserves and if he wants to make it he has to do that.
  • Options
    Don't think anyway can question the guts & determination Murty has shown for us on the pitch since being there. Couldn't giev a fig about a call back clause as you can not blame the guy for that. He is a whole hearted guy and to me seems like one of the 'old breed'. If we had more players with his character we would not be where we are now.
  • Options
    Very true, he put himself on the line against palace and played most of the second half with an injury, thats commited.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I couldnt give 2 hoots if Mootakill read that and wept for a month and then forwarded to his family and they wept for a month with him.

To be fair to Murty what was he going to say

" Steve Coppell has pissed me off i never want to come back to this 2 bob shit hole ever again, I wont try if i do get back here, I want to be an addick they are the bollox a proper football club where the fans are great, I love the colour of their kits and that Sword on the shirt is an insperation"

if he had said the above he would be a hero, but he has been honest he is trying his best for us to get back into a top team what the feck more can he do
  • Options
    We need solid determined gutsy defending, the more matches Murty can give us that, the better. Commitment to defending your own goal will do for us at the moment.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]To be honest, I don't give a flying what any of them say in the press, loans or otherwise, I'll judge them by what I see on the pitch and imo Murty has been as wholehearted as anyone else this season.

Andy Gray turned down a move to Stoke, apparently because he wanted to stay and get games, trouble is in his 12 months at the club he's probably looked genuinely like he wants to be here less than 5 times.

AGREED
  • Options
    Just catching up on all these threads after holiday.

Of course, Murty is still Readng-centric. It's his testimonial season and when he's not training at Sparrows Den (or on the treatment table!) , he's back there all the time, organising and running golf days and go-karting days and all the other money-spinners with his Reading team-mates and the Reading fans in attendance.

Some of the comments above very unfair, IMO, because despite the testimonial activity taking up so much of his time he is clearly doing a job for us.

The other gossip from Reading is that Steve Coppell is stalling on a new contract.

If he doesn't sign on again in the summer, I wonder what odds Parky as the next Reading manager, partcularly if his credibility and kudos are dramatically enhanced by keeping us up? After all, he is a Reading legend and all that. Murty would then be a good shout as his new Kinsella figure, in a player/coach role.

Idle speculation on my part and PP needs to end the season with a storming run with Charlton first. But it's fun to speculate. Especially about the storming CAFC run-in.
  • Options
    I think criticising Murty is unfair. He has been tremendously professional and I think that it has had a beneficial affect on the club in many ways.

I hope he stays as we certainly need him at the moment.

If anything he should be praised as, unusually for most of the loan players we have seen this season, he actually looks like he gives a sh*t about winning games for CAFC.

I am grateful to him for that.
  • Options
    Murty - I rate him and he does give 100%, cant ask for more than that!
  • Options
    I don't think anyone was criticising his performances on the pitch for Charlton, the criticism, from me anyway, concerned the impression given by his article. I still think he could have worded it better.