Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is the O/S taking the p**s

edited February 2009 in General Charlton
You may recall I had a run in recently with he club about posting all of Millwall's match details on th front page of the O/S, I have just taken a look now and read this!!!

Charlton winger Martin Christensen claimed two assists as Lyngby thrashed Næstved 4-0 in a friendly on Saturday.

Christensen, on loan with Lyngby until the end of the season, set up the opening goal for Lasse Rise after just five minutes in the match, which was being played as part of a pre-season training camp.

And the 21-year-old Danish starlet then crossed for the same player to increase Lyngby's advantage 10 minutes later. Two more goals in the second half completed the rout for Lyngby, who begin the new Danish season in mid-March.

I really feel better now reading that our on loan "Danish Starlet" has assisted in making 2 x goals and the second one was from a cross!!! what I would give to see a Charlton player assisting in 2 x goals, and a cross, what is that??

Comments

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited February 2009
    What would you rather they reported?

Seriously?

Or would you like them to put nothing up there at all and moan that we have no news about the club and/or its players at all...

I think its moaning for the sake of moaning to be honest and I'd bet a lot of money that if we were doing well on the pitch this wouldnt even be mentioned!
  • Options
    I'm staying well out of this one !!
  • Options
    what is wrong with that? they always talks about our loan players or is it because it is this particular player? We didnt have a game this weekend so not much else to talk about.
  • Options
    I'd agree it's pointless them putting it up there as to be honest who really cares how a bloke who never played for us is getting on. But on the other hand i can also say it doesn't bother me that they have. If you're not bothered, then don't read it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]or is it because it is this particular player?

I'd imagine so, it's a player who could well do a job for us, but we can't afford to play him, so to then hear how well he is doing at another club is a little annoying.
  • Options
    You know you don't have to read it!

:-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]What would you rather they reported?

Seriously?

Or would you like them to put nothing up there at all and moan that we have no news about the club and/or its players at all...

I would rather they reported a few months ago that instead of wasting wages on the donkeys we have in on loan that they are going to invest the money in giving Christianson his debut and pay the fee because he is fit, has some flair, and ability, words I cannot associate with a vast majority of the "Parky Loan Army"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU16[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]or is it because it is this particular player?

I'd imagine so, it's a player who could well do a job for us, but we can't afford to play him, so to then hear how well he is doing at another club is a little annoying.

Is he doing that well though? He's playing for a side not even in the top Danish league. I can't imagine the standard is too great.
  • Options
    I can't see anything wrong with that except that maybe they should sneak in '£5K pw Charlton winger Martin Christensen claimed two assists as Lyngby thrashed Næstved 4-0 in a friendly on Saturday.'

If the same report was about Izzy though I'd be a bit peeved off as in no way shape or form do I want to know how Millwall are doing unless it's to tell me thay have lost, been relegated etc etc.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    If the same report was about Izzy though I'd be a bit peeved off as in no way shape or form do I want to know how Millwall are doing unless it's to tell me thay have lost, been relegated etc etc.

Don't worry Millwall play tonight so the McLeod update will be tomorrow!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]What would you rather they reported?

Seriously?

I think its moaning for the sake of moaning to be honest and I'd bet a lot of money that if we were doing well on the pitch this wouldnt even be mentioned![/quote]

I really dont see teh point of telling us how well a player they let go is doing?

Why not tell us Les berry was just seen is Tescos's

If they are short of things to say dont say anything
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: eaststandmike[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]What would you rather they reported?

Seriously?

I would rather they reported a few months ago that instead of wasting wages on the donkeys we have in on loan that they are going to invest the money in giving Christianson his debut and pay the fee because he is fit, has some flair, and ability, words I cannot associate with a vast majority of the "Parky Loan Army"

You seem to think the people who write the stories on the OS are the same people who make decisions about which players are bought, sold or loaned or who the manager is.

They're not. Why shoot the messenger.
  • Options
    Funny isnt it.....if you were just passing the time of day by mentioning this bit of info in the pub to a fellow Addick, nothing much would be made of it, but put it up on the world wide wank and people shoot it full of holes.....lets face it, none of us are happy about what happening at the club, but I really cannot see why people consistently turn on each other on here for making a post. Makes me want to switch off
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]I really dont see teh point of telling us how well a player they let go is doing?

Why not tell us Les berry was just seen is Tescos's

If they are short of things to say dont say anything

Because they do it for all loan players. Whether they are youngsters getting experience, or players like Christensen that we're just trying to get off the wage bill.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Is he on loan or released?
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    If you'd read the article you'd know : - )
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Very True :-)
  • Options
    Or should it be to be off loaded rather than on loan
  • Options
    Why not tell us Les Berry was just seen in Tesco's

Crap songs No. 252

"You only get one bite of the Berry. . . . "
  • Options
    I wonder how much of the £5k a week we have in fact off loaded?

Still something is better than nothing.

I think to paraphrase Curbs he (Christiansen) is even worse than what we've got so he may as well be away from the Club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I saw Christensen against Welling and told people I work with we had unearthed a real gem.

I have taken a lot of flak since that day
  • Options
    to be fair, he looked the part against Welling
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: eaststandmike[/cite]You may recall I had a run in recently with he club about posting all of Millwall's match details on th front page of the O/S, I have just taken a look now and read this!!!

Charlton winger Martin Christensenclaimed two assistsas Lyngby thrashed Næstved 4-0 in a friendly on Saturday.

Christensen, on loan with Lyngby until the end of the season, set up the opening goal for Lasse Rise after just five minutes in the match, which was being played as part of a pre-season training camp.

And the 21-year-old Danishstarletthen crossed for the same player to increase Lyngby's advantage 10 minutes later. Two more goals in the second half completed the rout for Lyngby, who begin the new Danish season in mid-March.

I really feel better now reading that our on loan"Danish Starlet"has assisted in making 2 x goals and the second one was from a cross!!! what I would give to see a Charlton player assisting in 2 x goals, and a cross, what is that??
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I'm staying well out of this one !!

I'm getting this tremendous feeling of deja vu!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]to be fair, he looked the part against Welling[/quote]

To be fair i would look the part against Welling

U7's that is LOL
  • Options
    They 'll be headlining the Womens team next !
  • Options
    I too was impressed with Christensen and was disappointed that we didn't see him in the first team at some point. According to last night's Evening Standard that might not be too far away:

"Winger Martin Christensen is aiming for a recall to the Valley after maintaining his impressive form on loan at Lyngby. The 21-year-old Dane sparkled and set up two goals as Lyngby hammered Naestved 4-0".

Or maybe its just Christensen's agent working overtime?
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I doubt if it's even that. Assuming it's one of those features where they have a sentence on every London club, they will have looked at the OS and made it up from that, probably without knowing who Christensen is or the background. They just want something to fill the slot.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    It was, indeed, the usual para. The International break has a lot to answer for.