Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Still not giving up!!!!

edited February 2009 in General Charlton
I've either had a moment of madness or just completely lost it...but...I'm rallying the troops...

I think we may just stay up by the tightest of margins!!!!

Ever since Dowie it's been all doom and gloom, relegation from the Prem, Alan 'the excuse' Pardew, and then the winless run we thought would never end.
The board are under scrutiny from the fans, PP is under scrutiny from everyone but the board and 99.9% of the fans are preparing for League One football next year.
I'm backing everything CAFC until the final whistle of the final game. I'm supporting the board in their decision to make Parky the Manager, I'm supporting Parky as the manager to save us. I'm not going to boo but just support the side. I'm staying positive until the bitter end.

I think there are seven wins out there for us. Doncaster, Norwich, Barnsly, Watford, Southampton and two from Derby, Plymouth, Blackpool or Coventry!!!
Thankfully five of those games are at home.

I can see it now, three points on the last day to stay up at home to Norwich!!!!

So who's with me???

Comments

• Options
    Not fully, but good luck to ya cocker !
  • Options
    no, your obviously a raving lunatic who smells of cabbage :-)
  • Options
    Been out for a lunchtime drink?

I have ............................... See "Administration"
  • Options
    Unfortunately i don't drink so positive madness is what i've subscribed to, to get me through the last few months.
  • Options
    I am only just getting over the news of Varney and the spaceship !
  • Options
    Please I want some of what your taking.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: drawnablank[/cite]
    I think there are seven wins out there for us. Doncaster, Norwich, Barnsly, Watford, Southampton and two from Derby, Plymouth, Blackpool or Coventry!!!
    Thankfully five of those games are at home.

Unfortunately of the 9 winnable games you've listed, we've already failed to beat 7 of those sides this season.
  • Options
    C'mon mate we are dead & buried. We will win 4 games at most !!!
  • Options
    even IF we won seven games that would give us only 11 more points than the team currently fourth bottom so relying on them to win less than four games. Can't see it personally but if it makes you happy ....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    With you totally on the get behind the troops, Dunkirk spirit bit but a) there's no way we'll win 7 games and b) even if we do it won't be enough imo.

Lets get behind the boys and make the most of what's left of the season, but for me everyone needs to face up to the reality of our sistuation and start prepairing for the worst.
  • Options
    Elvis told me we're staying up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: drawnablank[/cite]Unfortunately i don't drink so positive madness is what i've subscribed to, to get me through the last few months.

What?? How have you been watching us play without a few drinks in you?
  • Options
    I so much want to believe you are right. Hey there's always a chance but we sure as hell need to start winning back to back games!!
  • Options
    Let's get the three points on Sat then take it from there.

I'm the eternal optimist - until it's mathematically impossible, I'll be dreaming...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]Let's get the three points on Sat then take it from there.

I'm the eternal optimist - until it's mathematically impossible, I'll be dreaming...

That's right, mate - agreed. I guess everyone's been waiting for me to say my predictable twopenn'orth, lol.
    It's only about getting 3 points on Saturday, and taking it from there - that's all.

Everyone calculating which games we can possibly win - and assuming we won't get enough points is, erm ..... a pointless exercise - even 10 points behind the safety line at the moment, is no guarantee of how the table will be completed at the end of the season.

At this stage, with 15 games left, no one knows how many points will be needed to avoid the relegation positions - safety is just 1 point ahead of the 22nd placed club.

Charlton have experienced some miraculous escapes from relegation in the past, including from the seemingly dead and buried position. Ask 'Tiger' Hill, Theo Foley, Lennie Lawrence. It's all there in our history.

So it can be done.

But first we need 3 points on the table from Saturday's game. Let's see what happens.
  • Options
    If there was a table of Championship form for the last 6 games am I right in thinking Plymouth and Barnsley (our next 2 games) would be the ones joining us in the bottom 3?
  • Options
    If my calculations are correct for the last 6 games
    Plymouth 2
    Charlton 3
    Barnsley 4
    Watford 4
    Burnley 4
    Palace 4
    The teams with 4 points are in no particular order
  • Options
    What spaceship ?
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    NEVER EVER, EVER, GIVE UP - UNTIL YOU HAVE TO GIVE UP

Remember G - Dubya Bush

"Fool me once, shame on me, Fool me twice, you aint gonna fool me again"
    or
    "I support the cease fire so long as them Israeli's and Palestine's stop firing rocket's at one another"
    or from Iain Dickweed
    "Bouncebackability"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am with you fella. I see a MIN of 7 wins there, quite possibly 8. Then pick up a few points here and there and who knows. It is certainly not over yet but we HAVE to win this w/e and against Barnsley to have any chance...as per another thread I do not have any doubts we will do either. So what that these teams have beaten us this season. The key will be Ward & Hudson at the back. They will be a very strong partnership if they can stay fit and may finally start to put an end to all the silly goals we have been letting in.
  • Options
    Get a win on Saturday and take it from there. Nowt to lose other than getting behind the team and if defeat does happen we will have all season to moan as defeat on Saturday would surely mean relegation.