Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

McLeod (now returned)

13»

Comments

• Options
    Cant be recalled but can be cancelled by the feeder club???

Mate at work showed me the Wall website (I covered my eyes....) and its on there....
  • Options
    So it is, fair enough. Still don't see any room for him on the bench, even with Kandol out. We've still got Dickson, Shelvey, Todorov and Burton. Only way McLeod is better is that he's quicker than them, only Dickson could challenge him for pace.
  • Options
    Surely McLeod has got to be a better option for a sub than Todorov?
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    championship goals this season
    dickson 0
    shelvey 0
    toddy 1
    burton 1
    mcleod 0
    thank goodness for bailey!!
  • Options
    Completely different types of players, rather have both on the bench. Depends on the types of opponents really.

Think he'll miss out tonight considering his loan was only cancelled yesterday.
  • Options
    McLeod is in a better state of match fitness than Todorov who hasn't set foot on a pitch since December. I'd go with McLeod.
  • Options
    Parkinson also responded to reports that Izale McLeod would be returning to SE7 from loan club Millwall, after the Lions issued a statement saying the striker had returned by mutual consent.

The Addicks gaffer stated: "It's not totally resolved yet. It's all very well Millwall saying they're sending him back, but the bottom line is we can't have him back and he can't play for the reserves or first team. It's a situation we need to talk to Millwall about over the next few days.”

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=33877

Don't know what's going to happen, looks like he can come back but can't even play for our reserves, nevermind the first team.

Fair point about Todorov though. Will be interesting to see if he plays for the reserves this week.
  • Options
    cant click the link at work why cant he play?
  • Options
    All it says is what I quoted. Rest of it is Parkinson's feelings about the game last night.
  • Options
    They agreed to cover his wages for the rest of the season and took his registration. Not sure which one of these prevents us having him back, but I doubt very much that we'll see him again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    From the Newshopper

McLeod's return to Charlton thrown into doubt

4:09pm today Wednesday 4th March 2009

comment Comments (0) Have your say »
    By Paul Green »

IZALE McLeod’s future remains unclear after Charlton boss Phil Parkinson placed a major question mark over whether the striker will return to The Valley from his loan spell at Millwall.

A very brief statement which appeared on the Lions’ website on Monday said McLeod was back with Charlton after his loan deal, which was due to last until the end of the season, had been cancelled by “mutual consent”.

Reports elsewhere suggested McLeod had clashed with Millwall manager Kenny Jackett after only making the bench for Saturday’s 3-2 home defeat by Oldham.

However, his opposite number at The Valley says Millwall may have acted prematurely by claiming McLeod is back in SE7 because the terms of his loan deal don’t allow the player to represent the Addicks again this campaign Parkinson said: “It's not totally resolved yet. It’s all very well Millwall saying they're sending him back, but the bottom line is we can't have him back and he can't play for the reserves or first team.

“It’s a situation we need to talk to Millwall about over the next few days.”

Millwall told News Shopper this afternoon they had nothing to add to their earlier statement and would not be making any further comment.
  • Options
    Another great Pardew signing that could only make the bench at Millwall.
  • Options
    yes but Pards herd from a guy at a party who had herd from a guy in an alley who hard herd from a guy in a cardboard box that McCloud was the real deal----------------------------------some sort of deal anyway.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]yes but Pards herd from a guy at a party

And we all know what kind of party that would be... ;-)

Yet another fine mess we've got ourselves into.
  • Options
    What's the reason they've sent him back?

Anyway it shows if he was that good, they'd have started him every game.

Can't believe he was considered a £1m+ player, really not a lot to his game at this level.
  • Options
    SE7SE7
    edited March 2009
    I've heard nothing of this Danny Haynes thing, if its true, sign him up FFS, he's 10 times better than any of the shite that we have, oh except for that wonderkid Dickson ;)
  • Options
    Can't see why we should accept him back. Milwall signed him for the season and should be covering his salary. It's not like we can give Christianssen back because it's all been a horrible mistake. Unless they've got a break clause Izzy can stay there, or stay at home on Milwall's coin.