Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Looks like a CAFC shirt in the background of one of the pics!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1138843/British-tennis-star-tells-nightmare-rape-allegation-US-admits-thought-slitting-wrists.html

Comments

• Options
    He's from Petts Wood.
  • Options
    Sign him up.
  • Options
    Poor lad, all that happens to him, but then, even worse was to come when released from prison he checked the league table to see where his beloved Addicks were.....
  • Options
    In the photograph the Union Jack is upside down and the narrative underneath shows that the Lord moves is a mysterious way and gets blamed for amazing things
    "Innocent: In his student room where Christ was said to have raped the girl"
  • Options
    Poor sod. May not trust anyone for a while, and under the circumstances, i can't blame him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jaire[/cite]In the photograph the Union Jack is upside down

I noticed that, perhaps it's a distress call?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jaire[/cite]In the photograph the Union Jack is upside down...

Union Flag, surely?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: jaire[/cite]In the photograph the Union Jack is upside down...

UnionFlag, surely?

Correct, I get moaned at for pulling people on that all the time.

Did you know Union flag is not officially the state flag, it belongs to the Royal family, and they grant permission so the Government and the "people" are allowed to fly it.
  • Options
    Similar to there being no official national anthem.

GSTQ is used but was never officially adpoted.

It's a Union Jack but only when flying from a ship
  • Options
    And who can name the American state that still has the Union Flag in its design?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: jaire[/cite]In the photograph the Union flag is upside down

I noticed that, perhaps it's a distress call?

Eh i'm now very confused?

I swear it always looks the same unless you turn it on its side? or fold it up or graffiti it....
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited February 2009
    Look at the top left hand corner, the thick white band should be in this corner to make it the right way up, naval ships many moons ago used to fly the flag upside down to show a ship in distress etc

1212074570_union%20flag_w450_h400.jpg
  • Options
    Hawaii
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Hawaii

:-)
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    ah ok interesting...

I would have never known that! Cheers DA9
  • Options
    The national flag institute now recognise the terms Union Flag and Union Jack as being interchangeable and that althoguh historically the Jack is on the naval ships, the majority of people consider that to be the name of the flag.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

It's a Union Jack but only when flying from a ship

Pretty much explained here Mr OneLung

but your is more in depth!
  • Options
    key bard nt wrking prperly tday????

srry will get new ne frm i.t nw...
  • Options
    When I was a wolf cub back in the dark ages (10th Royal Eltham) we were taught "thick white bottom right" re flying the flag correctly.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]When I was a wolf cub back in the dark ages (10th Royal Eltham) we were taught "thick white bottom right" re flying the flag correctly.

That should have been on the memory aides and mnemonics thread, Len : - )

White on the right was how I was taught to set up a chess board