Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Did anyone listen to Charlton Live?

edited February 2009 in General Charlton
I'd like to know what was said and by whom. The following two extracts came from 606.

Moo2 apparently has had loads of arguments within the club, the most damaging if true being with the manager(s). He seems to be a bit of a loaner which does not help

Other interesting points from the programme, most of which have been written about on this board:

1. Chopping and changing - the number of different players used this season, with no continuity one game to the next. So how can the manager know his best team; and equally de-stabilising for the players

2. Why so many loans for only a month - makes no sense. Made a comparison with Man Utd who have had the same team for the last 30 years !

3. Elliott seems to have made the jersey his own - think Weaver may struggle to get back in the team;

4. Supply line - where is it basically! Welcomed the experiment with Dickson and Kandol but need a good supply line otherwise these players will struggle just like others have so far this season. Not much use having speed if never in a position to use it;

5. Mentioned the success Charlie McDonald is having at Brentford - hopes that Fleetwood could follow in the same mould, being a natural goalscorer. But never given the chance which is a bit worrying.

6. Derogatory comments apparently made by Josh Wright towards the club - sorry I missed the end of this bit but a2c might be able to update us.

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]

2. Why so many loans for only a month - makes no sense. Made a comparison with Man Utd who have had the same team for the last 30 years !

Wasn't this covered at the AGM? Murray was reported to say that one month loans allowed us to have a look and then extend if positive.

Charlton and Man Utd. Yes, a very valid comparison.

As it happens Man Utd have had about 12 players out injured this season and still done well. Hardly the same side.

Might be partly to do with having a very big and expensive squad and a very good manager, mind.
  • Options
    There should be a podcast available mate....have a look on the os
  • Options
    What context was all this covered on Charlton Live? It really sounds like a load of uninformed speculation from 606ers tbh
  • Options
    Listening to it, a lot of it sounded like it was lifted from threads on here.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Not sure if I can remember everything verabatim, or if it is what is wanted, but;

1. The Moo2 argument thing was stated by a caller. The response was mainly that we had heard similar rumours but had no foundation to it's authenticity.

2. The chopping and changing of players is a well worn issue and I'm sure was tied into the loan player debate. Specifically tho the changing of the side after the Norwich victory and the effect it may or may not have had on the team.

3. The comparison with manure only arose following the earlier point and that continuity has a proven track record. The one month loan issue was something I specifically mentioned. I know Richard Murray said that it gave us a chance to look over a players worth and then decide on a further option, but I still don't grasp it. I always thought you could do that regardless of loan length and we seem to be the only ones doing this.

4. The topic of playing Kandol and Dickson up front for a sustained period, (loan length allowing) was something I said should be tried, but again it's just a variation to the theme of continuity to be honest. The lack of a supply line was a tag on to this and would it matter who we had up front at the moment, because of the level of service.

5. Charlie Macdonald was a player I brought up and have done on numerous occasions. Having watched him come through at Charlton, he struck me as one of the few natural goalscorers I have ever seen. Someone who would probably score goals no matter what level he played at and I think he has proved that. Fleetwood is said to be the same, but i haven't seen enough of him to be able to coment.

6. I am certain there was absolutely no statement made to say that Josh Wright had made a derogatory comment to the club. The known situation over his selection/non selection was discussed and some speculation as to the reasons for it were considered, but that was all.

I am not sure that we have ever deliberately 'lifted' anything from here, but two of us are regular contributors on here, so some of it is bound to rub off. I just hope that we don't offend anyone in the process of doing so. I have always tried to mention 'Charlton Life' if there has been anything that I have refrerred to as I did yesterday with the article on Michael Glicksten.
  • Options
    does anyone out there know whatever happened to Mark Mansfield, who did the show for years?
  • Options
    thanks curb_it
  • Options
    No recordings at the moment until Matt Wright fixes his radio or one of us remembers to do record it when we are in the studio.

As KB says, we always give this site a mention if we discuss something said on here.

BTW - Where was I last night or how did the buggers stitch me up this week?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]

BTW - Where was I last night or how did the buggers stitch me up this week?

A kids party apparently!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What is this charlton live thing about, i am completely lost, sounds like it would be worth a listen though...