Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who felt much better Sunday morning after Charlton NOT losing ?

edited February 2009 in General Charlton
I did.

Comments

• Options
    Me too.
  • Options
    Apparently Paddy is going to chuck a two-litre bottle of Evian in one of the goalmouths on Friday and get Saturday's game waterlogged again !
  • Options
    Enjoyed my weekend.

Didn't have to endure 90 minutes of either watching or listening to us lose yet again. A welcome break.
  • Options
    Did have to laugh in the pub Sat afternoon looking out the window and seeing the most glorious sunshine !!
  • Options
    yes i raised a smile or two looking out my kitchen window looking down at the valley basking in sunshine.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    It was rather nice, but it's come to summat when we are happier with a postponement than actually playing- such is life right now, that's what 2008/09 has done to us, still we must enjoy the respite because more torture will surely follow!
  • Options
    I expect Cardiff will be worrying that Charlton have a 100% record in the eastern half of the country on Tuesday nights in 2009
  • Options
    Not really as the game still has to be played at some point.

But yes the sunshine was very nice
  • Options
    just looking even worse the table is now, thought the game in hand would look good in the played coloum but we are almost the same as everyone else only watford have a real difference 2 games in hand i think that if they won would ease them away.
    sat is a must must win game now, draw or lose then i think we can all finally realax and prepare for relegation.
  • Options
    I shouldn't worry about it, Adam.

A big part of our problem is the tension and pressure to desperately get a result.
    Remove the desparation - and our players will begin to play again.

Just thinking - some of the best attacking football we've played this season was Pardew's last match, home to Sheff Utd.
    Once we went 4-1 down, it all seemed so futile and for some reason the team started knocking some passes together and playing some much better stuff.

Perhaps the players knew they had achieved their objective ...... to remove Pardew?

;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A calm relaxed feeling over the weekend and I am sure tha cat couldn't understand why it had not been kicked.
  • Options
    not me !!!!

no reason why the game couldn't have gone ahead - I went out shopping Saturday morning and at midday the sun was out (in Swanley, about 12 miles from the Valley) and snow/ice was melting nicely. A pitch inspection at 11 o'clock would have been ideal, but then again you have to think about all the pies that have to be cooked, the programmes that have been printed and all the catering staff that would be making their way to the ground - sod the fans !

by the time we play them in April we will be relegated. FACT
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]not me !!!!

no reason why the game couldn't have gone ahead - I went out shopping Saturday morning and at midday the sun was out (in Swanley, about 12 miles from the Valley) and snow/ice was melting nicely. A pitch inspection at 11 o'clock would have been ideal, but then again you have to think about all the pies that have to be cooked, the programmes that have been printed and all the catering staff that would be making their way to the ground - sod the fans !

by the time we play them in April we will be relegated. FACT[/quote]

You used you superpowers to check to see if the pitch was playable while you were in Swanley then? No, the sun was out = everything was OK. Andy D'Urso didn't call the game off because he felt the pitch was unplayable but because Ketman's dad told him to LOSE us thousands of £££s by calling the match off.

Moan if we win
    Moan if we drew
    Moan if we lose
    Moan if we don't play
    Moan if you have to spend time with your own kids

Is there any situation that you won't moan?

No, thought not.
  • Options
    lol You tell him Henner's
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]not me !!!!

by the time we play them in April we will be relegated. FACT

Oi Meldrew!! Give it a rest!!