Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kings of Leon

edited February 2009 in Not Sports Related
Only by The Night...great album.Only heard it for the first time yesterday...as I'm now over 60 it's quite hard for modern musicians to impress me that much but I have to say these guys are really something...they're going on my Ipod today.

Comments

• Options
    Got all their albums.
    So refreshing to hear something so different.
  • Options
    Best album imo is the first one. Youth and Young Manhood.
  • Options
    Completely agree. First album is their best by a country mile. Was actually pretty underwhelmed by the latest offering.

If you like this genre Sound as a check out Stay Positive or Boys & Girls in America by The Hold Steady.
  • Options
    Also agree, in my opinion first album is good and but personally I find their new stuff pretty bland, a lot of people disagree of course ...
  • Options
    Their last album is easily their most popular, I like it but it's a bit more ballad like than their earlier more raw stuff.

Agree that their first album is the best though
  • Options
    i personally believe that because of the times is there best album in my opinion.not a bad song on there
  • Options
    Youth & Young Manhood is by far their best work IMO, but I love Because Of The Times, although I love Closer off he new album. Awesome track.

Seen them live several times now, but I have to say that they have 'mellowed' an awful lot on stage these days.

When Y&YM came out they were hell for leather on stage rocking out and the like.

Now it's all light shows and no crowd interaction. Disappointing to be fair. Heard them in an interview recently saying they're "giving up the rock and roll lifestyle", i.e the girls, narcotics and booze to "concentrate on their music".

THEY"RE IN THEIR MID 20's FOR FCUKS SAKE!!! =)
  • Options
    I like Aha Shake Heartbreak the most. Seemed like they evolved from Youth and Young Manhood... Was a bit disappointed that they didn't do the same with the latest offering.
  • Options
    I am an old git and I love 'em. I like all their records, especially the latest one. They've done four so far, another one and time to start mixing and matching and burning a CD for the car. I want to see 'em live if I can afford it, saw their stuff from Glastonbury, and they can deliver, like their attitude to the ends of songs, when its over, its over....and on on on to the next one. Gotta get tickets somehow. Of course if old gits like me like 'em, then it will be uncool for young uns to like em too.
  • Options
    'Because of the times' for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    OK, not been impressed with what I have of them before but have downloaded Yough and Young Manhood and will give it a listen.