Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

*****Charlton vs. Cardiff (TBA) - Poll, Team, Match Thread*****

WSSWSS
edited February 2009 in General Charlton
Will it be on, won't it? Who knows, but we can all still speculate on the team, the result and have our usual "banter between 3 and 4.50 tomorrow.

Put all your views in here. Just to make everyone depressed - let me take you back to November 2007 when we played Cardiff at home, oh what we'd do for another result like this:

Charlton 3-0 Cardiff

Charlton moved up to second in the Championship by outclassing Cardiff, who are now only kept out of the relegation zone on goal difference. The Bluebirds held out until moments before half-time, when Sam Sodje was given too much space to convert Andy Reid's left-wing cross from six yards. Then, still in first-half injury time, Chris Iwelumo scored from 25 yards out. Zheng Zhi made the game secure 10 minutes from time when he headed in another quality free-kick from Reid.

Charlton: Weaver, Mills, Sodje, Fortune, Basey, Sam (Ambrose 77), Zhi (McLeod 84), Semedo, Reid, Jerome Thomas, Iwelumo (Varney 84). Subs Not Used: Randolph, Bougherra.

Comments

• Options
    Not sure why I am optimistic but will go for a 2-1 win. Can't see us going a full game without conceding so we will definitely need 2 goals ... scored by .... mmmm, that's where my prediction falls apart.
  • Options
    And we'll get a penalty.

"Nurse, nurse, medication time ?"
  • Options
    I would take a draw! Cardiff have been on fire recently.
  • Options
    draw's are no good, it's all out for a win......we'll start really well and dominate for the first 20 mins (as per usual) and then go in 0-1 at half time, rally a bit at the start of the 2nd half and equalise and then they'll go on to win it 2 or 3 - 1.

Face it, we are so poor it's unbelievable and completely shot of confidence, can't ever see us keeping a clean sheet again in the league at this rate.
  • Options
    Did you have to add last seasons result? Reading that just then makes me depressed. lol.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mike_CAFC[/cite]Did you have to add last seasons result? Reading that just then makes me depressed. lol.
    And the position in the league...
  • Options
    Yeah thats what i meant haha.

Moved up to second. :(
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Hoping for a valiant point or home win...but not sure it'll go that way,

Elliot
    Murty Ward Hudson Youga (would prefer Basey)
    Soares Spring Racon Bailey
    Burton Dickson

subs; Gandolf, Holland, Sam, basey/youga, Kandol

would prefer basey than youga at LB and Kandol for Burton up top but believe that will be starying 11
  • Options
    i think we might scape a draw and whatever the result we're down cos we're crap
  • Options
    Will not lose this one, unless of course the game goes ahead!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't see us getting anything from the game 2-0 defeat, Bothroyd double...
  • Options
    Another MUST WIN yawn.

CCFC are a decent side . If they open up to try to win early we have a chance , if they shut up shop and play us on the break they'll win
    Dicko to start
  • Options
    Got a feeling that we'll put in a good performance here, but end up with only a point to show. 1-1
  • Options
    Does anyone know if the Cardiff team are already in london ?

Yesterday Cardiff airport was shut and I just heard TV news that the Severn bridge is now closed.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]that the Severn bridge is now closed.
    Hopefully for good!
  • Options
    Presumably, the hope is that Cardiff slide down the table and come to The Valley at the end of April and roll over easily to give us 3 points.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: thai malaysia addick[/cite]Presumably, the hope is that Cardiff slide down the table and come to The Valley at the end of April and roll over easily to give us 3 points.

Can't we postpone all February's games until April .... ?

;o)

Seriously, my Dad tells me that back in 1963, Southampton were rock bottom of the real Division II.
    Then came the Big Freeze, which wiped out football fixtures for 3 weeks or so.

Southampton must have used that enforced break wisely - because they restarted their season with a win and finished the season comfortably safe.

See, there are precedents everywhere - and not just in America.

;o)
  • Options
    I predict we won't lose tomorrow.
  • Options
    I guarentee we wont lose tomorrow