Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kelvins at it again

Whilst waiting for my lunch i scanned The Sun and Kelvin has once again abused his position by giving the club his weekly kicking in the paper. Why not support the club if you are fan and not publically slag them off

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2009
    Sounds like the Jim Davidson school of "support"
  • Options
    My major problem with him is he was all quiet when we were doing well in premiership, now we`re struggling he batters us every week!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Whilst waiting for my lunch i scanned The Sun and Kelvin has once again abused his position by giving the club his weekly kicking in the paper. Why not support the club if you are fan and not publically slag them off

Probably because he is an absolute ---t of the highest order.

He's not even a Charlton fan, he used to tell everyone he was a Millwall fan back in his 80's heyday at The Sun.
  • Options
    Ignore it..crap remarks from a crap person in a crap paper
  • Options
    What did he say?
  • Options
    i like the geezer,he only says in the national press what some people say on here
  • Options
    I think Kelvin probably has said exactly what every Charlton fan has been thinking.
    IN fact the fans have stood bythe club very well given the crap served up and the board room incompetence.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]i like the geezer,he only says in the national press what some people say on here

True but whilst we might argue amongst ourselves to the outside world we should present a united front.

You might argue indoors with your family but outside the home you defend them and all stick together.

McKenzie and Jim Davidson both like to ridicule the club under the cover of pretending to be fans.

We get enough stick as it is one way or the other. A true fan wouldn't add to it in my opinion.

Particularly now.
  • Options
    what did he say?
  • Options
    "we've got more loan stars than Texas"
    Amongst the normal Sun style rant
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]i like the geezer,he only says in the national press what some people say on here[/quote]

True but whilst we might argue amongst ourselves to the outside world we should present a united front.

You might argue indoors with your family but outside the home you defend them and all stick together.

McKenzie and Jim Davidson both like to ridicule the club under the cover of pretending to be fans.

We get enough stick as it is one way or the other. A true fan wouldn't add to it in my opinion.

Particularly now.[/quote]

ON balance I agree ,,,, but the Board especially have to be more open on matters
    or they leave themselves wide open to criticism
  • Options
    While the man is clearly a nasty bit of work, I can't see any problem with him voicing negative opinions. I'm surprised there is not more interest in the mess we are in. It's an object lesson in how poor managers can destroy an established business in a very short time period. IMO saying nothing and just grinning and baring it is likely to be more harmful in the long run.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]While the man is clearly a nasty bit of work, I can't see any problem with him voicing negative opinions. I'm surprised there is not more interest in the mess we are in. It's an object lesson in how poor managers can destroy an established business in a very short time period. IMO saying nothing and just grinning and baring it is likely to be more harmful in the long run.

Because our implosion's hardly unique - the journos are probably waiting for Southampton to get stuck down there with us, and then can do us both in one feature ;-)
  • Options
    "We've got more loan stars than Texas" ? That's quite good actually!

Understand where some of you are coming from but I find it hard to take offence at lines like that.

With the greatest respect to anyone who was upset by it, I think we should perhaps lighten up a little and stop being so over-protective of our club's great name and reputation. It's been shot to pieces for some time now, I'm afraid...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]"We've got more loan stars than Texas" ? That's quite good actually!

I think it would work okay if spoken but in printed form doesn't look right to me. You'd think he could have been more current with something along the lines of...

"more dodgy loans than northern Rock"
  • Options
    That's a good one , K.

I'd add that anyone who gets upset by Kelvin McKenzie's column clearly didn't hear the x-rated stuff Phil Parry and Clive Walker said about us on commentary on Radio London on Tuesday.

Done to death in other threads, but let me tell you it was far more damning...
  • Options
    Also states that we will be heading to the second division, a total c***, i bet the Nigels are laughing there heads off
  • Options
    this is the bloke who used to ring talksport after each home game and talk utter rubbish, which was then taken as the views of every charlton fan by the idiot presenters, right?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Also states that we will be heading to the second division, a total c***, i bet the Nigels are laughing there heads off

I wouldn't mind that but the problem is we're heading to the third division.............in old money.