Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is it wrong to back us to go down

edited February 2009 in General Charlton
and earn loads of wonga off our misery??

What kind of shallow human being would do that. . . .

Comments

• Options
    Well i can't imagine you'd get very good odds
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    odds of 1/5 hardly worth it surely?

maybe RM could hedge his bets by putting loads of money on. we stay up and charlton's alright, we go down and he can finance our promotion next season with the winnings.

(obviously that is hugely illegal)
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Isn't it called "insurance"? It's still a better return than putting your cash into a savings account at the moment!
  • Options
    Arbitrage ;o)
  • Options
    If you're going to bet on that, you may aswell bet on us finishing bottom, odds will be slightly better and it's going to happen.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]and earn loads of wonga off our misery??

me.
    just checked my betting account and i got 18/1 on 15th of august. don't know what happened that day (may have been bougherra going?), but something just clicked that those odds were too goodand we were really gonna struggle at the start of the season and i would look to lay it at lesser odds when we started to improve. sadly the later hasn't happened.
    i'm sure i will come in for some abuse for doing so but you bet with your head, not your heart.
    anyone thinks any different, i'll gladly take their annual £5 on us winning the F.A. cup next year at bigger odds than any bookie quotes.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]and earn loads of wonga off our misery??

me.
    just checked my betting account and i got 18/1 on 15th of august. don't know what happened that day (may have been bougherra going?), but something just clicked that those odds were too goodand we were really gonna struggle at the start of the season and i would look to lay it at lesser odds when we started to improve. sadly the later hasn't happened.
    i'm sure i will come in for some abuse for doing so but you bet with your head, not your heart.
    anyone thinks any different, i'll gladly take their annual £5 on us winning the F.A. cup next year at bigger odds than any bookie quotes.
    Good for you PBS, as you say, you bet with head not heart do i can't see it's anything other than right!

Even 1/5 is a better return than you'll get from any financial institution at the moment and so cut and dried it has to be worth it
  • Options
    yes 1/5 is 20% return on a bet and 20% return that will get paid out in less than 3 months - isn't that therefore an APR of 80%>!?!??!
  • Options
    Fill your boots. The Bookie doesn't care when he takes your money.