Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Friendship and Team Spirit

I wonder if this actually exists in the squad? For example, could you see Youga and Spring going out for a drink together? Or Jon Fortune going handbag shopping with Ambrose? Not really.
i bet the changing room at the training ground is really quiet and devoid of banter.

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2009
    There have been various rumours on here of a dressing room "split" between the "old" and "young" pros.

I wonder whether they still have the "yellow jersey" ritual for Wally of the week that Garry Nelson mentions in his book?

It is little rituals like that which build togetherness and team spirit.
  • Options
    "Team spirit is an illusion created by winning," Pat Nevin.

Must be pretty hard, in a pro-environment, to have much of a team spirit when you are deep in the shit like we are.
  • Options
    Its a shame really. As far as i can see, the only way teams have got out of this situation is when the players bust a gut for each other on the pitch, covering for mistakes, moving off the ball to give the player in possesion an option and being able to predict how each other will move when attacking.
  • Options
    Hales and Flanagan....the epitomy of "team spirit!"
  • Options
    Its probably the same as how we see people at our work. Work with them 5 days a week, some you like, some you don't, but you all work for the same company and the only thing you have in common is the work. Our players say 'the only thing we've got in common is we're sh1t'
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: LiveByTheSword[/cite]I wonder if this actually exists in the squad? For example, could you see Youga and Spring going out for a drink together? Or Jon Fortune going handbag shopping with Ambrose? Not really.
    i bet the changing room at the training ground is really quiet and devoid of banter.

Really? I could see Youga, Racon, Moutouakil & Semedo going out drinking.

I could also see Ambrose going out with players like Soares, Dickson, Elliott, Randolph, Spring, Bailey and Sam.

Finally I could see Hudson, Fortune, Gray, Holland, Burton and Murty.

The Kids are obvious...
  • Options
    i saw rob elliot and fleetwood at bluewater together. does that help?
  • Options
    yes - yes it does ;o)
  • Options
    I think individual character and mentality is more important than friendship.

You'd find that most top successful sides had players that couldn't stand the sight of each other, and barely spoke. Yet when they crossed the line, they knew what they had to do, had faith and confidence in what their team mates could do, and went out and fought as a team.

I don't think our players have that faith and trust in each others games. And you could argue with the amount of frequent team changes, they probably haven't had a chance to build up that trust.