Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Board and Decision Making

edited February 2009 in General Charlton
From a group that seemed to get most things at least the big things right , it now seems that there is no
strong leadership and decisions are fudged.
Could it be the Key WAS Varney or did Curbs carry such a strong influence. Is Murray now just looking for a fast exit?

Comments

• Options
    Don't know who is to blame, but for he past 3 seasons they have shown how not to run a football club.
  • Options
    I wonder what Murray might sell for now if Zabeel came back in ?
  • Options
    I think to be honest that they got an awful lot wrong, but Curbs complete genius saw us through. The stuff with Parky demonstrates that there is a fundamental lack of judgement in the club.
  • Options
    It seems to me that the board is just accustomed to placing their trust in managers. Curbs long reign meant that it could get on with the board stuff and finances. It doesn't seem to have occurred to them that not all managers are as skilled as Curbs. So it was less that the board did the big things right, more that the Curbs/Varney/Murray combo was effective. Dowie was chosen apparently because he seemed to be the best of a poor choice. ( or so one of the directors ruefully explained post Dowie). Their confidence was shattered so they went for a known quantity ie Reed. Pardew didn't appear to be wrong at the time, but the board acted too late and went for Parky mainly because of finances, but also I suspect because he seemed like a 'good sort'. There seems to be a crying need for an advisor who knows something about today's football.
  • Options
    I blame Peter Varney.

(for leaving..........)