Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Credit Crunch?

Is it my imagination or has anybody else noticed the shops bloody packed with people spending everywhere you go????????

I went down Charlton (Asda, Argos, etc) last week and every shop was packed with people spending like it was Chrimbo, same thing up Bexleyheath last midweek daytime???

Might just be me?

Comments

• Options
    it is you its absolutely dead
  • Options
    Sales down dramatically here mate.its you :-)
  • Options
    Some shops are offering 70% off of clothes, amazing that since the current weather conditions there has been no talk on the news of the current economic climate, house prices falling and loss of jobs, all we need now is a third world war, and then we will pull out of the recession
  • Options
    Were you in Asda when the world and his dog rushed out panic buying 10 loaves and pints thinking they wouldnt be able to get to the shops for a week due to being snowed in.
  • Options
    To a certain extent the government's suicidal policy of reducing interest and VAT to encourage people to take credit, spend more and save less as a reaction to a crisis caused by people taking credit, spending more and saving less, has been a success and the shops aren't as dead as they should be.

I tend to see a recession as an organic thing. It's a natural re-setting of the market caused by people basically living on borrowings that they will struggle to repay. We really need to take a massive hit and let everything go really bad. Sticking a plaster on it isn't helping, it'll just draw it out and we'll have a couple of years of pretty poor times and then the big hit when the sticky plasters don't do anything anymore.