Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I just dont know.....

edited February 2009 in General Charlton
...assuming we are relegated, some on here have said that one reason Parky was given the reins is that if we do go down then he is der man to get us back up. I really cant make my mind up whether he could do this or not, someone help me cos I just don't know.
Yours
Confused of Canary Wharf

Comments

• Options
    Nobody else knows either :o)
  • Options
    He got Colchester up with a limited budget, but then again Pardew got West Ham up at the second time of asking...

I'll be surprised if we finish better than mid table next season and can't think of a decent manager who would be willing to take us on.
  • Options
    I have absolutely no confidence in us making any sort of impact in Div 1 season.

Its not just about the manager, its the players as well. The current bunch are the equivalent of one of those caramel barrells in the roses chocolate box. They come out of the wrapper with a tough shell, the merest hint of a breech and the soft centre oozes out.

You can't compare us to Leicester, they went down on 52 points and basically kept their best players.

If we are realistic, the following aren't going to be here next season:

Weaver - free transfer
    ZZ - free transfer
    Ambrose - free transfer
    Holland - free transfer
    Murty - loan over - won't be back as he will get a Championship club
    Ward - loan over - too expensive for division 1
    Soares - loan over - all of the above
    Kandol - loan over - Leeds want a reported 250k - 300k - no chance
    Hudson - too expensive, desperate to sell = 400k in max
    Fortune - see Hudson
    Moutoaukil - if Parkinson is in charge gone - 200k max
    Gray - see Fortune/Hudson
    Shelvey - have a horrible feeling he is going to be the next Bostock and we end up getting a pittence at a tribunal.

I could go on but you can see where this is going......I'm sure I'll be shot down by people telling me it doesn't matter as it will give all our youngsters a chance, sorry, anyone who thinks we will be competetive in div 1 with a team of youngsters is in for a rude awakening. Its going to be even more physical.

The above outs add up to 11 players. That is without potential other outs - Bailey scores goals so could go, Racon will no doubt stir up some interest. I reckon at best we will see around 2.5m in with player sales. How much of that will be reinvested?. I guess none, we have already been told that relegation will add a significant amount to our yearly loss.

Effectively we are looking at bringing in 7 or 8 players all of which will be free transfers. By June we could have a squad without a single centre-half and a frontline whose collective goal tally for the previous season is 3.

Stormy seas ahead.

Anyway, after that I'm off to my wifes' nans' funeral, so plenty of cheer ahead.
  • Options
    That's the scary thing about this, it's bad now but it could get even worse.

We're going to have to rebuild in the summer whatever happens, and we can't afford to get it wrong.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]I have absolutely no confidence in us making any sort of impact in Div 1 season.

Its not just about the manager, its the players as well. The current bunch are the equivalent of one of those caramel barrells in the roses chocolate box. They come out of the wrapper with a tough shell, the merest hint of a breech and the soft centre oozes out.

You can't compare us to Leicester, they went down on 52 points and basically kept their best players.

If we are realistic, the following aren't going to be here next season:

Weaver - free transfer
    ZZ - free transfer
    Ambrose - free transfer
    Holland - free transfer
    Murty - loan over - won't be back as he will get a Championship club
    Ward - loan over - too expensive for division 1
    Soares - loan over - all of the above
    Kandol - loan over - Leeds want a reported 250k - 300k - no chance
    Hudson - too expensive, desperate to sell = 400k in max
    Fortune - see Hudson
    Moutoaukil - if Parkinson is in charge gone - 200k max
    Gray - see Fortune/Hudson
    Shelvey - have a horrible feeling he is going to be the next Bostock and we end up getting a pittence at a tribunal.

I could go on but you can see where this is going......I'm sure I'll be shot down by people telling me it doesn't matter as it will give all our youngsters a chance, sorry, anyone who thinks we will be competetive in div 1 with a team of youngsters is in for a rude awakening. Its going to be even more physical.

The above outs add up to 11 players. That is without potential other outs - Bailey scores goals so could go, Racon will no doubt stir up some interest. I reckon at best we will see around 2.5m in with player sales. How much of that will be reinvested?. I guess none, we have already been told that relegation will add a significant amount to our yearly loss.

Effectively we are looking at bringing in 7 or 8 players all of which will be free transfers. By June we could have a squad without a single centre-half and a frontline whose collective goal tally for the previous season is 3.

Stormy seas ahead.

Anyway, after that I'm off to my wifes' nans' funeral, so plenty of cheer ahead.[/quote]

When you put it like that Clem - it's only going to get worse ...
  • Options
    After seeing first hand his substitutions last night i have no confidence in anything he does or will do no matter who the players are.
  • Options
    Good analysis, Clem.

I fear you are right.
  • Options
    These players are not all hopeless. I just think they need someone to believe in, which obviously isn't Parky ( I don't think I've seen one interview with a Charlton player saying anything remotely positive about him)

A good coach would get the best out of these players, they in turn would work hard for each other, creating a great team ethic, something which we badly lack.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]A good coach would get the best out of these players, they in turn would work hard for each other, creating a great team ethic, something which we badly lack.

That's something we've lacked for a long time. When we go down we've got to rebuild the squad and we have to get it right, otherwise this will be one of our big problems again next season.