Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans Forum letter to board.

edited February 2009 in General Charlton
Would like to ask please, has there been any response?

Comments

• Options
    No reply yet but, in fairness, we did ask the Board to take their time so that they would give us a considered and detailed reply. We don't want simple one-line answers to what are regarded as key strategic questions.

Rest assured that the Fans' Forum will publicise the response as soon as it is available. It may require a couple of different occasions to provide a full response. For example, we are currently trying to agree a date in the next couple of weeks for the next formal meeting of the Fans' Forum with the Club and, because we have specifically asked that this includes Richard Murray and/or Derek Chappell, the date largely depends on their availability. We would also anticipate a written reply to our letter, so a combination of these (and other) events should offer good opportunities for the Club to provide a valuable response.
  • Options
    What is on the agenda for the next meeting in "a couple of weeks"?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]What is on the agenda for the next meeting in "a couple of weeks"?

Umm .........basically, the contents of our recent formal communication to the Board (ie asking the Club to share its strategic plans).

Would you prefer that we stayed with smoking and catering?
  • Options
    It wasnt a dig mate - just wondering thats all.

Not that smoking and catering should be overlooked of course.
  • Options
    Apologies if my reply sounded stroppy, WSS. Not intended.

Now that the potholes are filled, we are 'reduced' to asking the big questions.
  • Options
    good man tel
  • Options
    Read somewhere else that the board's response was going to be printed in tomorrow's programme, which we will now never see.

If that is so, can it be posted here?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Read somewhere else that the board's response was going to be printed in tomorrow's programme, which we will now never see.

Now thats why the game was called off!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Read somewhere else that the board's response was going to be printed in tomorrow's programme, which we will now never see.

You'll be able to read it in the programme for the rearranged Cardiff fixture, last week in April.

:o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]

Now thats why the game was called off!!!

LOL - the truth is out there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure where the rumour about the response being in the Cardiff programme came from. That is news to me - and I would hope to have been aware of that if it was true.

As I said earlier in this thread it may require a couple of different occasions for the Club to provide a full response. For example, we are currently trying to agree a date in the next couple of weeks for the next formal meeting of the Fans' Forum with the Club and, because we have specifically asked that this includes Richard Murray and/or Derek Chappell, the date largely depends on their availability. At the moment, we think that the w/b 23rd Feb is possible (probably on the Thursday of that week - 26th). We would also anticipate a written reply to our letter, so a combination of these (and other) events should offer good opportunities for the Club to provide a valuable response.
  • Options
    Read it somewhere on this site.

Said the prog included the response to the letter and an interesting interview with Darren Ward, so it sounded like the poster had seen it.
  • Options
    It was Henry who posted that. Think he was trying to be funny....

;-)
  • Options
    Ah, that school of humour. Tell someone something which is the opposite of the truth and, if they fall for it, riotous laughter ensues.

Mmmm ..........
  • Options
    Well I fell for it! Didn't register who had posted it and I assumed it was someone who worked for the club (and therefore would have seen it) , as we know a few employees post under different names on here...
  • Options
    OK, just found what I think is the relevant posting. It's from Henry's thread about the Bromley Addicks meeting on Tuesday of next week (at Bromley, on Tuesday ...... next week).

Here is the posting which, quite clearly, is referring to the announcement of the Bromley Addicks meeting (on Tuesday, at Bromley, next week), not the Club's response to the Fans' Forum communication:

As the club have cancelled tomorrow's game the announcement of this meeting in the programme will now not reach the masses.

Typical that the Ref should call off the game without thinking of us.

Shame as it was an interesting programme as well. Good interview with Darren Ward

I don't collect programmes so if anyone wants to buy it off me
  • Options
    The programme was never printed and I don't have a copy to sell just in case anyone else is getting confused.
  • Options
    Oh Ok. I've found the relevant posting now you've directed me to it, DR.

It has been edited and the original reference to the response to the fan's forum letter has been removed.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]As the club have cancelled tomorrow's game
    wrong!

the Ref ... call off the game
    in effect probably, although technically the FA!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]As the club have cancelled tomorrow's game
    wrong!

the Ref ... call off the game
    in effect probably, although technically the FA!

...or the Football League...?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]The programme was never printed and I don't have a copy to sell just in case anyone else is getting confused.

Not strictly true, but I'm having them all delivered to my garage to go with the unsold VOTVs . . .

Actually, I understand the programme was mostly printed but not finished (folded, trimmed and stapled). Just in case anyone thinks this was part of a conspiracy!
  • Options
    The best conspiracy theory i heard on a Cardiff board was that it is the work of the Premier League in their attempts to stop Cardiff getting promoted !
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]The best conspiracy theory i heard on a Cardiff board was that it is the work of the Premier League in their attempts to stop Cardiff getting promoted !

As a Englishman, with a Welsh family background trust me, its all part of their inferiority complex (they think everyone hates them) we dont do we ? ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]The programme was never printed and I don't have a copy to sell just in case anyone else is getting confused.

Not strictly true, but I'm having them all delivered to my garage to go with the unsold VOTVs . . .

Actually, I understand the programme was mostly printed but not finished (folded, trimmed and stapled). Just in case anyone thinks this was part of a conspiracy!

Don't say that. You'll bring the e-bay price down
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]The best conspiracy theory i heard on a Cardiff board was that it is the work of the Premier League in their attempts to stop Cardiff getting promoted !

yeah but is true