Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NICE BLOKE MAYBE, BUT WHAT EXACTLY DOES

edited February 2009 in General Charlton
Phil Parkinson bring to the table apart from an expensive contract we can't afford to get out of?
Results?
Motivation?
Tactical nous?
Team selection?
Reaction to events during matches?
Astute signings?
Set play imagination?
Research on opposition?
and so on....
I am not an insider, but I can't see what exactly he does beyond handing the team sheet in. Yeah he can point to 'not having resources', like all managers do. However other managers work within restrictions too. Phil Parkinson is supposed to have the top coaching qualification, well I have a London Schools Swimming certificate (second class) for swimming fifty yards in 1964, and I am certain I could have got more points for the club than he has so far, if only by playing ten men behind the ball.
So, can anybody tell me what our manager actually does?

Comments

• Options
    He does his best from a position that he should not have been put into.
  • Options
    Does not claim a 'high' salary. Pay peanuts......................
  • Options
    Depends what you call peanuts.

My guess would be that he's on around 400k pa.

If he was on peanuts, then he would have been judged on results and he would never have got the job on a permanent basis, because it would have been cheap enough to get rid of him.
  • Options
    I heard from somewhere that it's 'only' around £250k.

Nevertheless, a handy little paypacket.

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]He does his best from a position that he should not have been put into.

I wouldn't say he was "Put into the job" he made it clear he was up to the challenge and took it when offered to him, he could have said no.
  • Options
    If your figure of 250k is right, Oggy, that's slightly less than Christensen is said to be on (5k per week x 52 = 260k)...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]If your figure of 250k is right, Oggy, that's slightly less than Christensen is said to be on (5k per week x 52 = 260k)...

It's only what I 'heard', Nigel.......

I'm sure there are still players at The Valley who earn double Parky's salary.
    That's the way of today's football wworld, I'm afraid.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]If your figure of 250k is right, Oggy, that's slightly less than Christensen is said to be on (5k per week x 52 = 260k)...

You haven't netted off the additional operating losses that'll result from going into League One. He'll end up costing us about the same as Cronaldo, I reckon.