Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Last night

edited February 2009 in General Charlton
All completley bewildering really. Very impressed in the first half, was even wondering could it really be Charlton in the white shirts. Some good link up play, amazing swervy run by Racon followed by a brilliant shot. A plethora of free kicks just outside the box. Really we could of been a few up. Holland, Basy, Bailey, Racon, Dickson, Elliot, all had very good first halfs, we seemed to be handling their attacks very well. Everything started to change once we had scored the first goal and weve all seen it before what happened after. We could hardly get the ball. When we did ,hopeless punts up the field just went to a Bristol City Players. I turned round to my mate and said here comes the equaliser. How many times have we conceded a lead through a cross from the left for gods sake ?
Eventually when we stopped panicing and by that time 2-1 down we started to find a little more composure and came close a couple of times. I thought bringing mootoo on was a real mistake. He really didnt seem there at all. I would love him to do well but he has not got a defenders mind and at one point a city forward just walked round him with ease. The most enthusiasm and speed he showed was when he bizarrely ran to the fans at the end. I didnt feel that Ambrose really deserved any particular stick, our team were running round like headless chickens by that time, he looked confused ! It was all a repeat of the league game against Sheffield but an even better first half and an even worse second. A Kandol, Dickson, partnership up front with Racon in Midfield did look promising but where the f is Jonjo ?

Comments

• Options
    JTJT
    edited February 2009
    Racon seems to be key, just need to wrap him up in cotton wool.
  • Options
    jonjo's injured
  • Options
    Cheers Steve , Didnt realise.Doh.
  • Options
    Thanks Shrew - good to get a perspective of the game from someone who was there.
  • Options
    How can we enter the last third of the season with only two centre halves and one of those injured. Relying on a midget midfielder for cover is nothing less than criminal. Adebola must have been a foot taller than Matty last night. Surely during the last month there must of been some lump we could have signed as cover!
  • Options
    I've said as much Al on the "I've just seen the goals" thread. It's well documented on here that Pards and Parky were mad to expect to survive with just two centre backs at key times in the season.
  • Options
    Thanks Shrew. It just seems that the team is unable to adapt to any change of tactics after half time. We seem to be somewhat short of footballing brains on and off the pitch. The lads by and large seem to want to do their best, but have no clear idea of what they are meant to do.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]How can we enter the last third of the season with only two centre halves and one of those injured. Relying on a midget midfielder for cover is nothing less than criminal. Adebola must have been a foot taller than Matty last night. Surely during the last month there must of been some lump we could have signed as cover!

Totally agree. I said before the Burnley game that if we have to rely on Holland at centre half for the remainder of the season then we may as well give up.

In the 2 games since he has been at fault for at least 2 of the 4 goals we have conceeded. Whatever his qualities may be, Holland is not a centre half.

It is ridiculous that we have allowed ourselves to get in this position.