Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Just seen the goals on Sky. . .

edited February 2009 in General Charlton
Both goals, same old boring nonsense.

1) No pressure on the ball

2) Easy cross into the box

3) Cant get a head near the cross

4) Goal

Real schoolboy stuff, only difference was that it wasn't Hudson making a nonsense of it.

Stop the season now, get shot of Parkinson and the hangers on and start again.

Comments

• Options
    to be fair all 3 goals were pretty much the same

great cross by bailey, but he was given so much time
  • Options
    I thought our goal had a touch of quality in the build up.

Their goals came in the same way as they have done all season.

Very routine, unspectacular but preventable.

If this 'team' had better discipline and actually put pressure on the ball for once.
  • Options
    Ride the season out, start the planning for the next season asap, draw a line under this season as soon as it's over and let's start a genuine promotion attempt in League One next season.
  • Options
    Avoid relegation next year might be the first port of call!

This team is in freefall.

This current lot can't defend any ball into the box.

League One will be no different if not worse for long ball etc
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]I thought our goal had a touch of quality in the build up.

Their goals came in the same way as they have done all season.

Very routine, unspectacular but preventable.

If this 'team' had better discipline and actually put pressure on the ball for once.

How's that for bias. Bailey had acres of space and stuck a cross over, defender didn't get near it and the keeper came for it when he didn't need to, resulting in Soares sending his header into an empty net. It was routine, unspectacular and certainly preventable. But because we scored it, that's a touch of quality?
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    If you watched our goal there was good build up play down the left prior to the cross.

Yeah I am biased, we're down and you're from Sidcup get used to it.
  • Options
    To be fair both goals looked to be mistakes by matt Holland. The first it seemed like he was beaten in the air by Adebola, no really surprising and the second he did not deal with the cross and gave it on a plate for Adebola again!

This is not a post to moan about matty as he does try and has been playing out of position and Gary Johnson would have told his players to get in cross after cross against Holland.

The question is once again why did we not get in a couple of centre backs in the transfer window?

We did get ward but after fortune got injured we are no better off. The problem goes back to the start of the season only having 2 central defenders in the squad.

I just do not understand what is going on anymore with our club, we as fans can see the problems with the management, team, tactics but not our board it seems!

One positive tonight was no Deon Burton. At least Parkinson has given Dickson another game and with Kandol we might get some goals when they both get used to playing with each other. I say keep these 2 up front and even if we go down buy Kandol as will not cost much. Both these strikers will score goals next season.
  • Options
    Looking at the goals Bristol City targeted Matty specifically with their big lump Adebola.

Other teams will do the same.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: djrdiscocafc[/cite]

The question is once again why did we not get in a couple of centre backs in the transfer window?

Its exactly the same as why we did not get a new manager in and there are three possible answers

1. We have not got a pot to piss in
    2. Those making the decisions have lost the plot
    3. A combination of 1 and 2
  • Options
    Parky said on SSN that Dicko and Kandol provided a genuine threat upfront although I'm not sure from the commentary that it was actually a goal threat although Dicko seemed to have a couple of chances. Anyone but Burton for me and I'm happy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Be nice to see Dicko starting at the Valley finally.
  • Options
    I e-mailed Sky to get that twat Peter Beagrie to get Dicko's name right..he was calling him Dickinson all night and then called him Carl!!! Utter utter plank!!!!
  • Options
    Poor old Dicko. Gets his start, then doesn't even get recognised properly on Sky.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: L Block JT[/cite]Poor old Dicko. Gets his start, then doesn't even get recognised properly on Sky.

I rather think there is an irony there. Sky Sports see a player who stands out but get his name wrong because they don't know who the hell he is. Perhaps, if he'd started games back in September they might just know all about him by now.

And that, combined with a couple of extra centre backs at the start of the season, might just have been enough for us not to be we are now. As much of an admirer I am of Matty Holland anyone who thinks, after seeing those two goals, that he is a centre back deserves to end up in a loony bin.
  • Options
    No he aint a centre back, he put a huge shift in last night though without him we would of lost by a fair few more.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shrew[/cite]No he aint a centre back, he put a huge shift in last night though without him we would of lost by a fair few more.

Cheers Shrew. I wasn't blaming him in the least as, wherever he plays, he always gives 100% for the cause. The issue has been discussed at length on here and lies in the madness of Pards and Parky in relying on two centre backs at key times of the season.
  • Options
    Would it not make sense to play Mambo rather than risking Holland, and getting done on the crosses to their target, its not rocket science, or do the club want to go down, it has to be said it is a total farce down there.
  • Options
    Ward did a job in the first half, seemed to have a good awareness of opponents around him. I cant comment on the goals oppisite side of the pitch.
  • Options
    Matt would be suited to playing in a central three at the back but not as part of a pair...no way. Think last night also showed something else we haven't had this season.....a big man up front. When we put the ball in the opposition's box it more than often comes straight back out again so chance gone.