Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gillespie-free agent

edited February 2009 in General Charlton
Apparently Keith Gillespie is now a free agent. I reckon we should sign him until the end of the season- OK, he didn't set us alight but to have him on the bench and unleash him for the last third may pay dividends. Also I have noticed the great improvement in Sam's game since Gillespie was here- give him another three months to learn from him in the art of delivering telling crosses. For my money THAT would be worth signing him alone- for the impact on the training ground - also he was always our best defender at corners!

Comments

• Options
    Could do a lot worse
  • Options
    Can he play centre half :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stubs1310[/cite] Also I have noticed the great improvement in Sam's game since Gillespie was here

Have you?
  • Options
    I'd rather see Sam constantly fecking up than have Gillespie. He did nothing for us.
  • Options
    before he came to us he was in the NI squad, even though he wasn't playing any football at Sheff Utd - now after spending a month on loan with us he is out of their squad for next weeks friendly.

nuff said.
  • Options
    Gillespie was utter crap for us in my opinion...
  • Options
    Done OK why not
  • Options
    Assuming that he'd want paying, then probably not - whatever money we might have would be better spent on cover at centre back.
  • Options
    Gillespie got more than his fair share of crosses in when he played- admittedly he always faded around the 60 minute mark but there was no-one there to convert them- Lets see what he could do for Dickson (who by the was said by Peter Beagrie who was watching last nights game for Sky to be our one bright spark!) and the reason he was left out of the NI dsquad according to Sky was BECAUSE he is WITHOUT a club at the moment.
  • Options
    Good post, Stubs.
    He hadn't played the entire season so far, so obviously short of match fitness - hence fading after an hour or so.

First 2 or 3 games for us he played well, most people said so.

But then Sam won his place back, and played his best football of the season, creating good chances including 3 goals in 4 matches. What influence did Gillespie have on Sam or should that be selectively disregarded?

Utter crap....?
    Don't see it that way, for a month he did a decent job for us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wages. Get rid of Toddy, Ambrose, Weaver, Gray etc etc etc.....and we still wouldn't be able to afford him. And then there's the question of whether he's any good anymore (or really any good ever?) It all adds up to "no thank you."
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Simonsen[/cite]Wages. Get rid of Toddy, Ambrose, Weaver, Gray etc etc etc.....and we still wouldn't be able to afford him. And then there's the question of whether he's any good anymore (or really any good ever?) It all adds up to "no thank you."

But couldn't you play for us again, Allan ....?

;o)
  • Options
    Was on big money at Sheffield United as they offered him a contract extension in the prem. Even if he takes a pay cut he'll be on many thousands a week.

I'm not enamoured with Kandol but I'd prefer signings like that. Players not being paid ten grand a week and who can do things in league one. If we get any free agents I'd prefer them to be of the quality of Sean Gregan. Big strong excellent champ/league-one defenders with character, who'll solidify the backline and encourage team-mates.

Don't see the point of signing a player with questionable temprement, who couldn't even perform against rubbish like Coventry and Derby, when we have a squadfull.