Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Palace banner to cheer you all up

edited February 2009 in General Charlton
Just been sent this by a mate.

The banner shown was unfurled at the home end before their 1-0 loss at home on Saturday to Blackpool's 10 men for 87, count 'em, 87 minutes.

What could possibly incensed the Nigels so much before the game to display such a high quality banner.

PS Noted on one of the "nasty Charlton stewards" threads one of the Nigels complaining about the "Live by the Sword" banner as the rest of the saying is "die by the sword" Talk about straw clutching and missing the point

Comments

• Oh dear!
  • I'd say the banner is entirely fair comment. The performance against charlton was complete shite!

I can handle not beating a reasonable blackpool side who were down to 10 men for almost the entire game. But to not beat dross like charlton...a team you basically only have to turn up to beat...is unacceptable.
  • Like you turned up and beat.
  • you monitoring Charlton Life 24/7 SOS.....anybody would think you cared....
  • Not a spelling mistake in sight.

I am impressed.
  • [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Not a spelling mistake in sight.

I am impressed.

Well you could suggest that the N should have an apostrophe before and after to represent the two missing letters but that would be pedantic ; - )

Still think their mums will kill them when they find out what happened to the best sheets.
  • This takes the boo boys to a new level! Good thing we don't get this sort of thing at charlton.
  • But you dont care about us SoS so why would it bother you so badly, your a bunch of idiots over there you really are, you will not have to suffer the embarresment of defeat by us for ages as we will be gone soon and yet you do that.

apart from at your place this year and in the shitty cup how long has it been since you Turned up to beat us 5 yrs, 10 yrs or was it more you tell me ???

And all you bleat on about is hating Brighton, what will you do if you play them and lose,

Issue leaflets or hang posters you sad tossers

I bet the players loved that banner
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]

Well it certainly got them playing well against the mighty Blackpool ; - )
  • [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]I'd say the banner is entirely fair comment. The performance against charlton was complete shite!

I can handle not beating a reasonable blackpool side who were down to 10 men for almost the entire game. But to not beat dross like charlton...a team you basically only have to turn up to beat...is unacceptable.

Let it go now, it's not like you care about beating us is it? I mean we're not your rivals, eh?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]

Well it certainly got them playing well against the mighty Blackpool ; - )

The nigels have come up with the perfect motivational tool, what a performance the team gave in response. Long may they continue with this tactic, well done lads!
  • edited February 2009
    I'd be careful SoS - particulary if you're in the HF - if you stay in Block B of the Holmesdale for too long, Jordan will just mortgage you.

Just as he's done with ALL the fixtures and fittings at Sellout.
  • [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]I'd be careful SoS - particulary if you're in the HF - if you stay in Block B of the Holmesdale for too long, Jordan will just mortgage you.

Just as he's done with ALL the fixtures and fittings at Sellout.

Not to mention all the long term (5/10 year+) season tickets that still have years to run but for which the money is long spent.

How much of the Ben Watson fee do you think has gone to Michael Portilo and his offshore banking mates?

100%

99%

98%
  • It is rumoured that the Watson money is earmarked for the players wages until the end of the season.

If Jordan had to mortgage his 'Jumbotron' to pay for the christmas party and the January wage bill, then he's running out of assets to help with his obvious cash flow difficulties.

And they think our loss this year is hilarious!
  • edited February 2009
    still rather be sitting in their league position;-(
  • ".............Who the F%*k is laughing now !".
  • [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]It is rumoured that the Watson money is earmarked for the players wages until the end of the season.

If Jordan had to mortgage his 'Jumbotron' to pay for the christmas party and the January wage bill, then he's running out of assets to help with his obvious cash flow difficulties.

And they think our loss this year is hilarious!

A xmas party rumoured on the Palace fans site to have cost £250k. I find that very hard to believe but still....
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]still rather be sitting in their league position;-(

me too but 40 points may not keep them up.
  • edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]A xmas party rumoured on the Palace fans site to have cost £250k. I find that very hard to believe but still....

Have you seen the size of Kuqi?

The Dorchester don't come cheap.
  • The Dorchester! you are kidding me?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]The Dorchester! you are kidding me?

Staff Party - the players had one in Leeds to prevent local grief!

It's easy for Jordan as he has permanent rent of a broom cupboard there.
  • edited February 2009
    Unbelievable. The Staff party that is.

Can't blame the players for wanting to go to Leeds. I mean, would you go out for the night in Croydon?
  • My ex-missus works in Croydon.................
  • edited February 2009
    which one, I lose track of your many women.

Did I go to that wedding : - )
  • Yep;
    Was I there ?
  • edited February 2009
    Couldn't see as my seat at Westminster Abbey was behind a pillar.
  • Ah, I remember;
    I wore Keith Jones number 4 shirt;(His actual shirt!!)
    the tight gits at CAFC said I had to give it back after !
  • there you two go again hijacking threads even if you did start this one ;-)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]there you two go again hijacking threads even if you did start this one ;-)[/quote]

Okay !
    The ransom demand is 3 points !!