Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Seems Southampton are very close to Administration

edited February 2009 in General Charlton
Maybe we could see that as a possible escape route?

If we can stay solvent then maybe we can stay up!!

But in truth - we do have to consider that there are teams running short of cash could come to our rescue!!

Comments

• More straw clutching! You never know though :)
  • edited February 2009
    might help us if we can find another two to go under (and I ain't too proud to beg) but in the long run it would not only scare the banks/Tax authorities into being harder with all clubs including us and could further weaken any takeover that could be on the cards for CAFC

Plus clubs going into admin or out of business isn't in the long term interest of football as an industry or a national sport IMHO(other than Palace or Millwall of course)

Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee.
  • I really wouldnt wish administration on anyone, especially which results in a points deduction. However, i may just turn a blind eye for the remaining 4/5 months of this season!
  • what do they lose -10 points... they'd still finish above our lot ;-(
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I really wouldnt wish administration on anyone, especially which results in a points deduction. However, i may just turn a blind eye for the remaining 4/5 months of this season!

Agreed. Far better that clubs make dodgy signings, lie to the FA about them, get found out, plead guilty, lie again for the rest of the season whilst that player keeps them up singlehandly, get found out again but agree to a small fine which would keep most of the other clubs in administration in business for another year or two.

I can see why the FA want's to discourage going into admin (thanks Leeds) but in some cases the penalty is just ridiculous.
  • [cite]Posted By: Les Addicks[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I really wouldnt wish administration on anyone, especially which results in a points deduction. However, i may just turn a blind eye for the remaining 4/5 months of this season!

Agreed. Far better that clubs make dodgy signings, lie to the FA about them, get found out, plead guilty, lie again for the rest of the season whilst that player keeps them up singlehandly, get found out again but agree to a small fine which would keep most of the other clubs in administration in business for another year or two.

I can see why the FA want's to discourage going into admin (thanks Leeds) but in some cases the penalty is just ridiculous.

I don't think thw FA want to discourage administration, it's just that Leeds 'cheated' the system by doing it when they were already down so the 10 point deduction didn't matter. Now i think you have to do it by March or the 10 points come off next season.