Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

According to the Daily Mail...

edited February 2009 in General Charlton
Parky said he hoped to sign a couple of players on deadline day so let's hope we can seal a couple of big deals to get the season finally going.

Comments

• Bless you Mart, ever the optimist! I expect five or six new signings before the deadline and none of them to make a blind bit of difference.
  • [cite]Posted By: HandG[/cite]Bless you Mart, ever the optimist! I expect five or six new signings before the deadline and none of them to make a blind bit of difference.

I have to believe we're still in with a chance until it's inevitable and i'm at the point of hoping for a miracle! Not expecting any big ins but i'm worried there could be one or two big outs.
  • I think the snow could bugger everyone - maybe they Fa will put the deadline back to midnight or even tuesday afternoon as a lot of players will not be able to drive/fly to their prospective clubs.
  • edited February 2009
    That would just be our luck!
  • [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]I think the snow could bugger everyone - maybe they Fa will put the deadline back to midnight or even tuesday afternoon as a lot of players will not be able to drive/fly to their prospective clubs.

wouldn't be surprised if that happened to be honest
  • I predict 2 loans who can' t get into their League 1 team.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]I think the snow could bugger everyone - maybe they Fa will put the deadline back to midnight or even tuesday afternoon as a lot of players will not be able to drive/fly to their prospective clubs.

Other than medicals everything else will or could be done via phone and fax
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]I think the snow could bugger everyone - maybe they Fa will put the deadline back to midnight or even tuesday afternoon as a lot of players will not be able to drive/fly to their prospective clubs.

only for "big clubs". The rest of us can go whistle
  • [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]

Other than medicals everything else will or could be done via phone and fax

Yes, but the medicals are kind of a big part of any deal - especially when you are buying a 31 year old on a four year deal at 45K per week....
  • I heard a whisper that Ronaldo & Robinho are desperately trying to get a train to Charlton but are stuck at Waterloo, could anyone pop over to pick them up?
  • Sponsored links:

• Christensen's got nothing else to do!
  • edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Yes, but the medicals are kind of a big part of any deal - especially when you are buying a 31 year old on a four year deal at 45K per week....
    Who are we buying then?

;o)
  • Talksport are reporting that the FA are in negotiations to extend the deadline so well done Golfie
  • [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Parky said he hoped to sign a couple of players on deadline day so let's hope we can seal a couple of big deals to get the season finally going.

Not according to South London Press-
    "Graeme will stay for another month, which is good news because I have been pleased with how he has done," Parkinson told the South London Press. "I don't think there will be anything else happening before the end of the window, either with players coming in or going out."

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/tn/Sport.cfm?id=3983&headline=Addicks
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Parky said he hoped to sign a couple of players on deadline day so let's hope we can seal a couple of big deals to get the season finally going.

Not according to South London Press-
    "Graeme will stay for another month, which is good news because I have been pleased with how he has done," Parkinson told the South London Press. "I don't think there will be anything else happening before the end of the window, either with players coming in or going out."

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/tn/Sport.cfm?id=3983&headline=Addicks

old news ;0p
  • We still need another centre-back
  • Nah, one is more than enough.
  • Heard we'd signed a new CB who's a Dutch international .....
  • My mistake ...... it's Holland.
  • Sponsored links:

• is there another loan window that opens next month as with before
  • Yep, in abot 10 days time.