Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

''If we keep performing like that...''

edited February 2009 in General Charlton
Should Parky stop saying after defeats, ''if we keep performing like that then we will have a good chance” ?

He said it again yesterday and I know he means well by it. Of course, he should look for the positives in our performances which he can build on to grab a win next time. I would also want and expect him to insist we can do it until it becomes mathematically impossible.

But sorry, Phil, my newspaper this morning says we lost 2-1 - and from what I can tell, we lost because we weren't creative enough to make a second goal and we were not good enough at defending a lead. Surely that means that if we keep performing like that then we will have no chance?

The reality is that we will have to perform A LOT BETTER THAN YESTERDAY to give ourselves ANY chance at all.

Starting on Tues night.

Comments

• Options
    Media training kicking in, its like an autonnic response. He must have been so disappointed. Must be hard having to do the media stuff after the game, when all he probably wants to do is punch a wall, kick a door or maybe a few players.

What could he have said though:

"why oh why oh why did I take Dico off"

"I made a mistake, picking a team full of workmanlike journeymen when you need a bit of quality in your side when playing a team pushing for a playoff place"

"God, why did I sign Burton, If I wanted an extra midfielder on I would have picked one, its not like I've not got enough at the club"

"I should never have signed Kandol on the basis of that Youtube video I found"

"Murty looked fit though, didn't he, and by the way, Steve, if your listening, do you need an assistant? I'm a legend at Reading you know"

:-)
  • Options
    Agreed, I'mnot, it must be hard to face a band of persistant journalists when you're tense, emotionally brimming over and trying to deal with crushing disappointment.

Also, everything he says is a response to a specific question under duress, not the musings of a man more relaxed and composed on a non-match day.