Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

AFC wimbledon attendance today

just a shade under 4700 for their top of the table clash with chelmsford city whoch they won 3-1 to go three points clear with a goal difference 18 better .

very impressive crowd , would've gone meself had I not gone to Burnley

Comments

• Good for them!
  • thats good....
  • Fleet had oner 3500 for their FA Trophy match against Swindon Supermarine yesterday. (It was free entry though!)
  • ...and Dartford had over 2000 for their game with Maidstone Utd , the visitors bringing 400 or so
  • That's nice, but I can't see them ever playing in the same league as MK Dons who are getting double that each week.
  • at least afc don't have to give away thousands of tickets to get a decent crowd like that bunch of franchise scum
  • [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]at least afc don't have to give away thousands of tickets to get a decent crowd like that bunch of franchise scum
    haha, I didn't know they did that!
  • Yeah, Winkleman packs it out with freebies. Not that we'd ever... erm, as you were.

Good season for the south London non-leaguers*, though - the Dons on top of Conference South, Welling hopefully in the play-offs, and hopefully Dartford can nip into their play-offs. Bet that was a cracking atmosphere against Maidstone.

(*conveniently ignoring Bromley and Fisher)
  • ''Good season for the south London non-leaguers...Welling hopefully in the play-offs, and hopefully Dartford can nip into their play-offs.''

Thank heaven Pardew isn't still here then. He'd have signed up half their players, put them on several thou a week and we'd never see them again...
  • Go on the Wings

Andy Ford has done a great job there
  • Sponsored links:

• MK v AFC simply would be huge.
  • [cite]Posted By: L Block JT[/cite]MK v AFC simply would be huge.

It would be fun, thats for sure. But that won't happen for a wee while yet though, not in the league at least, if McKlub get promoted this season.
  • Well they've gone 6 points clear and are 21 goals up on GD.
  • what league are AFC in?? How many between them and MKFranchise??
  • [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]what league are AFC in?? How many between them and MKFranchise??

They're in the blue square south (same league as Welling) but should be in the blue square premier (Conference to you and me) next season. Currently 3 leagues difference. Could be 2 next season but MK look good for promotion themselves
  • Cheers Chris, its a mad old situation that aint it?? I should be well interested to see a cup draw!!
  • edited February 2009
    just a shade under 4700 for their top of the table clash with chelmsford city whoch they won 3-1 to go three points clear with a goal difference 18 better .

very impressive crowd , would've gone meself had I not gone to Burnley

I went to the game as a couple mates are wombles.
    Good atmosphere and a very watchable game. Chelmsford are no slouches, but the Dons were all over 'em like a rash.
    I would be very surprised if wimbledon don't get promoted.