Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sitting Back

edited January 2009 in General Charlton
I hold my hands up I wasn't there today so I don't know this for a fact but I bet the reason we let them two late goals in today was because we sat back on our lead.

Even if we didn't today I've seen us lose a lot of leads this season because of this and it drives me mad I have never seen a team score if you have the ball in there half, why make our box into a scene out of the Alamo. And it's not just us so many teams do it even though it keeps shafting them.

If you sit back you invite pressure and encourage the mistakes we keep making, we are not good enough or confident enough at the back to sit back.

Comments

• I think we good enough to sit back for maybe 10 mins but I agree, trying it for nigh on 60 minutes is absolutely crazy.

If thats indeed what happened of course (according to burnley fm)
  • as I have continually stated on here, you need goals to win games. You are not likely to win many by scoring 1 and then trying to shut up shop. We manged it aginst Scunny away and Palace at home - the rest of the time we have lost being in front; at Prestom, Birmingham, Sheff Utd, Barnsley and a few others I have forgotton.

Seeing as we are virtually down Parky may just go for it & try to score 2 or 3 a game - that way at least we may win a few.,
  • Yeah, Pards would have gone for it. Bring back Pards.
  • [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]as I have continually stated on here, you need goals to win games. You are not likely to win many by scoring 1 and then trying to shut up shop. We manged it aginst Scunny away and Palace at home - the rest of the time we have lost being in front; at Prestom, Birmingham, Sheff Utd, Barnsley and a few others I have forgotton.

Seeing as we are virtually down Parky may just go for it & try to score 2 or 3 a game - that way at least we may win a few.,

i think you mean donny mate
  • sorry - yes, Donny. next season we'll be playing Scunny.
  • Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Yeah, Pards would have gone for it. Bring back Pards.

He use to do it to, I don't think I can name a cafc manager that hasn't done it or ever made it work.