Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pointless Ranting About It.

edited January 2009 in General Charlton
No one on here really believed Tuesday was the turning point did they?.

Will probably scrape another 2-3 wins together over the rest of the season.

Find it quite amusing reading posts on here with people supposedly supporting the same team, spitting venom at each other. Very easy to shout and swear at people when you are staring at a monitor screen.

A few players put in a shift today. A few isn't enough.

The sooner we all realise we only really have a few players the better. A few players = not enough to stay up.

Accept it and you'll save yourself from the misery and for some you'll probably save yourself from a heart attack.

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]
    Will probably scrape another 2-3 wins together over the rest of the season.

yet had we held on for another 15 minutes then everyone would be going bananas and saying we're going to stay up.

None on here at the moment, with their very strong opinions, saw 1 second of today's game, yet everyone appears to be an expert.
  • come on barts answer the question i will hound you from thread to thread ;-)
  • I think if we hadn't conceded that goal we would all be on here saying that Tuesday was the turning point.

I thought Nicky Bailey, Ward, Youga and Holland played well.
  • I didn't think we had turned he corner and said so tuesday evening/wednesday morning, but..........

being 1-0 afer 60 mins, with the saints losing, Watford losing and scunny & norwich drawing last night the team had got my hopes up that we would be in with a fighting chance.

stopid c**ts.

as Adrian Chiles said a few years back " its the hope that kills you "
  • LOL golfie even I started thinkin if we win tuesday we are right back in it,this was before I logged on today and read the match thread,that we had in fact been pony.
  • It is - and if we somehow manage to get a win at Bristol (stop laughing at the back) then that hope will once gain be renewed going into the Cardiff game.
  • Didn't think that was a particularly strong opinion.

Was typed with a resigned shrug.

This season has destroyed my sense of belief. Really can't be bothered to angry or excited anymore.

Re: today. As biased as a commentary might be, you can always hear between the lines. I'll be amazed if anyone thinks we deserved anything after what I heard on the 2nd half.
  • Didn't mean you, i meant the dozens of 'experts'
  • Fair enuff.
  • I fell asleep at 1-0! I wish I hadn't woken up..:o(
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]I fell asleep at 1-0! I wish I hadn't woken up..:o(

Perhaps you weren't the only one?
    Apparently our defence wished they hadn't also.

;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]

This season has destroyed my sense of belief. Really can't be bothered to angry or excited anymore.

Then why post, or bother to log on, except maybe to generate a bit of aggro?
  • edited January 2009
    so people who critise is a trouble maker then blackforest ? i just hope your not Gordon Brown ;-)
  • what is there in that post that would generate aggro ?????????
  • Oggy can you send me 2 pints of cider mate ?

first class on Qatar airways to :

GH
    3 sand dune on the left
    West Bay
    Doha
    Qatar

not much about out here drinks or anything ta very much
  • Dear oh dear......

Are we not allowed to feel apathy anymore?.

Apologies I forgot this board is only for the angrily deranged, the swearingly deluded and the hopelessly rose-tinted.

Out of curiousity how do you manage to come to the conclusion that I'm attempting to cause trouble?.
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Oggy can you send me 2 pints of cider mate ?

first class on Qatar airways to :

GH
    3 sand dune on the left
    West Bay
    Doha
    Qatar

not much about out here drinks or anything ta very much

Happy to do so, GH .... 2 pints of virtual cider coming your way, laced with Oggy optimist opium to enable you to take only 1 game at a time - and a vision of finishing 21st this season.

;o)
  • just because people have given up on this season BFR doesn't stop their love for the club,or their wish to debate why and where things have gone wrong.If you can't log on if you don't believe we may have to shut the site down for a couple of years or rename it oggy life ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]just because people have given up on this season BFR doesn't stop their love for the club,or their wish to debate why and where things have gone wrong.If you can't log on if you don't believe we may have to shut the site down for a couple of years or rename it oggy life ;-)

LOL ...... guys, you just need some of what I'm on.

;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite] angrily deranged, the swearingly deluded and the hopelessly rose-tinted.

You've just discribed a charlton fan!!! We're all like that, and lets be honest even during the 'good times' we were still like that!!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]I fell asleep at 1-0! I wish I hadn't woken up..:o(

You haven't yet Bing - you're just having a nightmare. The second half hasn't started yet and we will go on to beat Burnley 2-0. Locked on FACT. Trust me.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]just because people have given up on this season BFR doesn't stop their love for the club,or their wish to debate why and where things have gone wrong.If you can't log on if you don't believe we may have to shut the site down for a couple of years or rename it oggy life ;-)

LOL ...... guys, you just need some of what I'm on.

;o)

Maybe we should all move down to Cornwall. How many of us can you accomodate until May Oggy?
  • Not many at the moment, I've got a bit of rebuilding going on and a gutted kitchen.
    But you're all welcome to pitch a tent in the garden.

Nice views and a good stash of opium.

;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Not many at the moment, I've got a bit of rebuilding going on and a gutted kitchen.
    But you're all welcome to pitch a tent in the garden.

Nice views and a good stash of opium.

;o)

Quite a few of us here are gutted.
  • whats the kitchen gutted about Oggy ? did it think we would win ?
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Not many at the moment, I've got a bit of rebuilding going on and a gutted kitchen.

christ oggy even your kitchen feels it when we lose.
  • Just reading the OS match report;

"Elliot saved from McDonald and then smothered the rebound at the foot of a home striker, while Bailey dragged a shot wide with just seconds remaining.

Might have beens, eh?
  • [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Dear oh dear......

Are we not allowed to feel apathy anymore?.

The Charlton Athletic branch of the Apathy Society has closed due to no support....:o)
  • [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]angrily deranged, the swearingly deluded and the hopelessly rose-tinted.

You've just discribed a charlton fan!!! We're all like that, and lets be honest even during the 'good times' we were still like that!!

That sums up this afternoon for me. I am not sure which will shorten my life most Alcohol or Charlton but I need both of them.