Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nigel's?

edited January 2009 in General Charlton
People why do we call them Nigels and where does it come from?

Comments

• Options
    spotty nigel, geeky types I think..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: robroy[/cite]People why do we call them Nigels and where does it come from?
    Eastenders.
  • Options
    Thanks robroy...I asked that a week or so ago, and was told that basically it's because they are!
  • Options
    I could choose a much better name for them to be honest. I am also a little dispointed
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: robroy[/cite]I could choose a much better name for them to be honest. I am also a little dispointed

Go on then.
  • Options
    It was a nickname started by Millwall and we picked up on it ........
  • Options
    Nigel no mates......ah...just look at the other thread.....
    :-)
  • Options
    It's short for "A Nigelism" which is a grammatical expression describing when you repeatedly try and clutch at some sort of moral high ground by saying you don't care about something when you most obviously do.
  • Options
    Name erroneously credited to Millsmall fans it is actually because of the well known inventor of the late 19th century Sir Nigel Sweet-F-A-Phelps-Glazier who was knighted by Queen Victoria in 1851 for services to glazing during the building of the Crystal Palace in Upper Norwood thus giving the area it's fictional name and fake sense of granduer and spawning a "football team" from the South Norwood/Croydon slums by the name of Crystal Relapse fc.