Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Josh Wright

edited January 2009 in Rumours
The Sun reporting that Josh Wright is free to move to Newcastle or Aston Villa after his disagreement and not going to the Cup game on Sat........If its in the Sun it must be true!

Comments

• Options
    "Don't buy Charlton.

Dubai Everton."

Well.They were half right.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Duck-Killer Brown[/cite]The Sun reporting that Josh Wright is free to move to Newcastle or Aston Villa after his disagreement and not going to the Cup game on Sat........If its in the Sun it must be true!

As he's under 24 we'll still get a fee while he's under contract.

Like him but don't think he's that good.

me thinks an agent is involved in this "story"
  • Options
    Can't see that a Prem club would buy one of our reserves unless they are 17 or under
  • Options
    Yeah right, Josh Wright who can't get into our first XI is going to be snapped up by filthy rich clubs who can take their pick from the best young players from across Europe.....
  • Options
    All bull like people say cant even get to play so why would a big club come in for him
  • Options
    Perhaps, that's exactly what they think they're doing ...... ?

;o)
  • Options
    Maybe becuase of the player he will be in 3 years time?
  • Options
    seems silly to let him go IMO - looks to have a good future in the game and 1 act of (allegedly) petulant behaviour should not be grounds for releasing him.

His comments last week were very much in the "I like it here and I want to help the club" and it seemed he had been told he was going to play - only to have that taken away - I can't blkame him for being a little miffed!
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    He'll look good when he finally gets a run and improves with experience.

Kind of player that doesn't stand out, and will do well with better players around him. Look how he seemed average for Brentford, but looked decent enough playing for us two divisions above.

I hope he wants to stay as he could play a big part next season. We're going to have to use the young players even more next year.

Can't see this happening though, surely to clubs like Villa and Newcastle he hasn't proved enough? If we do let him go, in a few years time we'll be saying we shouldn't have.
  • Options
    Looks like agent agit prop to me. He hadn't been told he was going to play. Josh himself said on the OS that he HOPED he would get a chance to play. I too would like to keep him, and while having tantrums at the age of 18 is perhaps understandable, no manager can give into them. If Josh is continuing to try and up the anti, then it's best to let him go.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ability = hope he stays.
    If he is a prick = hope he goes.
  • Options
    First post. According to Transfer Talk on the Yahoo home page "Arsenal and Newcastle are squabbling over Josh Wright"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mistrollingin[/cite]First post. According to Transfer Talk on the Yahoo home page "Arsenal and Newcastle are squabbling over Josh Wright"
    Welcome misty
  • Options
    Cheers Alex.
  • Options
    Let him go we have Jonjo
  • Options
    Was on the BBC site as well
  • Options
    Josh looks like he might be good but Arsenal must have kids who are at least as good if not better. Can`t see it myself.
  • Options
    Josh Wrights dad is an agent
  • Options
    Think he is equally as good as Shelvey and in my opinion will play for England....need to hold onto this lad, with the dross we have seen in a red shirt in the last two years, Id be pissed off if I was him
  • Options
    I don't believe that what happened can't be sorted out by a good face to face with Parky. He's only young, he will make mistakes. Hopefully he'll learn from it and go on to be a really good player. We cant really afford to just throw away young talent. Sort the problem out and move on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't want to see him go if he is going to be good, obviously.

But this sounds like pure bollox - an agent's press release.
  • Options
    As was reported on the AGM thread, it was said at the meeting today that he is likely to be allowed to go out on loan.

It would seem that he's some way down the pecking order for a starting place, especially with Racon and ZZ hopefully returning to fitness.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Josh Wrights dad is an agent

That would explain a lot! He is obviously a decent player but he is certainly no Scott Parker or Jonjo Shelvey.
  • Options
    So where is he now?  Released by Scunny in the summer and doesn't seem to have a club.

Liked him but not set the world on fire since leaving. 
  • Options
    Last i heard he was co-commentating on our game with Scunny?

• Options
    Thought I read somewhere that he is devoting his career to become a 'celebrity' in the Only Way is Essex.
  • Options
    he was sitting behind me at the exeter game
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    If he can get himself a club, especially at Championship level, he will be a big attraction on the Essex program. It might be one of the saddest programs on TV, and they may have the thickest cast in history but it is compulsive watching, and if they could get a proper bona fide professional footballer on there they would be laughing.

However, he is not going to have as many options on the footballing front if prospective clubs know he is about to make a complete arse of himself on TV while he's under contract to them. 
  • Options
    Marbella.