Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lost Fans..... (NO SPOILERS)

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Those septics like an advert don't they.......
  • Options
    Got to say I thought that was the most moving end to a TV show I've ever seen. Brilliant.
  • Options
    Ditto valley. In the end, no matter how many answers we want about smokey, the mythological side, time travel etc, it's about the journey the individual characters go on. That's what that ending reminded the audience about.

If we had all answers it would be boring.
  • Options
    When is it "Time" to start dissecting the "End" without spoiling for anyone ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Yeah, and the bit where the audio went out of sync was annoying. How beautiful are Elizabeth Mitchell and Evangeline Lilly?

(V)ery.......
  • Options
    Don't know - I think they're showing it tomorrow night, so I guess then would be OK
  • Options
    Looks like suzi didn't like it... :)
  • Options
    Looking forward to discussing this. Completely get the basic premise of the ending, but chronology I'm struggling with, which I'll explain later. Emilie De Ravin (season 1 (but not pregnant ;)) for me every time. Eyes are stunning.

For the first time ever I shed a tear during a TV show. Nothing normally moves me like that on TV/Film. Points above are completely right, I was so drawn into the characters that it felt like close family being impacted positively/negatively by the events. A top top show and the whole situation runs in parallel with life experience. We come, we go and know next to nothing about why we are here, what we are truly capable of doing, whether there is an afterlife etc? All theories and alleged facts etc. We just have to accept and make the best of what we do know.
  • Options
    I'm not too proud to admit tha I welled up at the end as well - the only other show that's ever affected me that way was the last episode of the last season of Dexter.

There are some frankly laughable posts on the Lost forums from people frustrated with the ending. If it didn't float your boat, that's fair enough. If some of the things you wanted answered weren't, then fair enough as well. What is utterly ludicrous is people asking why certain things were never resolved when they clearly were - they just either never noticed, or never watched the episodes where they were explained. This is the one TV show in history where you absolutely had to watch every single minute of every single epsiode, in order, to understand it. People who stopped watching for a few weeks then dipped back into it later would have been hopelessly 'lost', and were utter idiots if they expected verything to be explained in a neat little package at the end.

have to say, as well, Matthew Fox was outstanding in the finale. I've never been overly impressed by his acting in earlier episodes, but he was absolutely superb at the end. I give it a 9.8 out of 10
  • Options
    With Leroy on this, very moving finale to see them all remember one by one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Got to say I thought that was the most moving end to a TV show I've ever seen. Brilliant.
    [cite]Posted By: Pavo[/cite] For the first time ever I shed a tear during a TV show.
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]I'm not too proud to admit tha I welled up at the end as well

I don't watch it but it must've been quite some ending!!
  • Options
    And why should everything be explained? The characters didnt get to hear explanations who were directly involved so why should we.

I thought about this earlier and was thinking, imagine we didnt have any pyramids in Egypt and they were just there in Lost. People would be asking; "Where did they come from?", "How can people build them without cranes?", "Did aliens do it?".

There are plenty of myths and things like this where we dont get answers in the real world, so why the hell should we expect to get it in the fictional TV world? The mystery and drawing your own conclusions makes up half the show in my opinion.

I loved the show and yes, a tiny part of me wants to get an Almanac full of Lost answers but ultimately I think that would spoil it.
  • Options
    I saw the first episode but that was it. Did I miss much ??
  • Options
    Watched the penultimate espisode last night which looks to have set it up nicely, watching the double headed finale tonight.
  • Options
    Ok - can someone just answer me the following questions:

Why could they not be found on the island adfter the crash.
    Why could wheelchair man walk after the crash.
    Who did the woman end up with - the doctor or the aftershave advert bloke?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]have to say, as well, Matthew Fox was outstanding in the finale. I've never been overly impressed by his acting in earlier episodes, but he was absolutely superb at the end. I give it a 9.8 out of 10

i'd go along with that, i never really warmed to his character and was quite happy to see him beaten up before.but i really felt for him in the final episode though and well they all nailed it really. i was more choked when the sub went down
  • Options
    an ending to satisfy the heart more than the mind. my initial disappointment has given way to a better understanding the more i've thought about it and an acceptance that there isn't an answer to everything.

what the show has provided over six seasons is quite incredible, some may find that ultimate joy in the finale, some may find it in previous episodes that created a sense of excitement hightened by the unknown. i'm of the latter but i was very sad to see it finish last night.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]Why could they not be found on the island adfter the crash.
    Why could wheelchair man walk after the crash.
    Who did the woman end up with - the doctor or the aftershave advert bloke?
    1.) Its a magic island hidden from the outside world, can only be found on a specific bearing at a specific time
    2.) Magic healing properties from the island
    3.) Don't want to ultimately spoil anything but she had a bit of both and ended up with who she was meant to end up with.

And if you want proper, fully explained answers to 1.) and 2.) then Lost is not the show for you.
  • Options
    Agreed with the sub going down!

I jumped back in my seat and shouted NO WAY the other half looked at me and said GROW UP ITS ONLY MAKE BELIEVE says her who crys at Corrie and Eastenders!!

If you didn't watch it from minute 1 you would be LOST!
  • Options
    When are we saying it's OK to discuss this?

I have a couple of questions.

One that can be safely aired now is:

When some of the survivors made their way home in an earlier season, then came back - did that actually happen? I believe it did but I guess it depends on your interpretation of the finale.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]When some of the survivors made their way home in an earlier season, then came back - did that actually happen? I believe it did but I guess it depends on your interpretation of the finale.

In my opinion, the simple answer is yes and then when the came back on Aijira flight and crashed some went to 2004, some went to 1977 (not sure the reasoning behind that one), they set bomb off, Jack et al back to present day, MIB starts going a bit mental with Locke's body then onto this season...

I still go by the mantra of "Whatever happened, happened".
  • Options
    Anyone up for starting a 'LOST with spoilers' thread?

Don't want to give anything away for those who haven't seen the last episode.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Anyone up for starting a 'LOST with spoilers' thread?

Don't want to give anything away for those who haven't seen the last episode.[/quote]

lmfao
  • Options
    What's funny about that? I think its a perfectly valid point - there will be plenty of Lost fans on here who haven't yet seen the finale, want to discuss it and will may jump on a thread with 'no spoilers' in the title.
  • Options
    I did wonder myself Leroy