Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

KAKA £107M- RIP PREMIER LEAGUE

Why would Kaka want to go to City not in Europe or the Cups--- MONEY ?
Why would Bellamy want to go to City not in Europe or the Cups -MONEY ?
Why did Defoe go back to Spurs -MONEY ? ( less his loyalty bonus from Pompey--- alledged )

What will destroy the premier League --LACK OF MONEY.

Only needs Ambramovich or one of the other big Investors pull out and it could spell the end of these plastic coated clubs-

We nearly had one in Zabeel -so dare say a bit of envy in what i write,,,,,,but i do believe that if Kaka goes to City it will not be a footballing reasons--and could be the beginning of the end like the old North American Soccer League.

Happy Monday --even Sheff Wed have a new Board..and look how it lifted them.

Comments

• Options
    City are in Europe though
  • Options
    Sorry BIGRED meant Champs Lge always 4get that other Cup
  • Options
    Do you think we would be posting such threads if our take over would have gone through, good luck to City fans, they have had some crap times in the past, well supported, and loyal. Its not as if it is going to affect us anymore is it, there is more chance with us competing with Ebbsfleet to buy a particular player than City. More importantly if it breaks the monopoly of the top four, it can only be good for football.
  • Options
    Of course any player going there now is going for money.

Hope Kaka rejects it, but when he does sign expect him saying something along the lines "this is an exciting project"
  • Options
    I hope so to BIGRED that he does not sign and i also hope Villa break into top 4 -
  • Options
    Is there any player that doesnt move now for the sake of money? He is no different to you or i, if there was another company in you particualr industry and they offered you an extra £20K per year would you turn it down?
  • Options
    Not talking 20k - and nothing wrong with a little loyalty -if some of our prem team players had some we would not be bottom--face it Defoe and Bellamy would play Ebsfleet if they got the Dosh
  • Options
    Every year I fall out of love with football just a little bit more.
  • Options
    Every year i think what could i do with the season ticket money.....if i never...

Over the year stopped buying programmes and then Shirts...just to save a bit.....

Shame that most of board and players do not feel like it like us......
  • Options
    To be fair to Defoe, he didn't want to leave Spurs. It was only the chance to be with his mentor Redknapp that softened it for him. Once Redknapp left Pompey, Defoe was always going to go too.
    I would say a lot of players like to play for certain managers regardless of money.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry Chirpy --Defoe Kissed the Hammers badge-- Pompey Badge--can not buy into him at all and we so love him at the valley.....he is alledged to have asked for a loyalty bonus at Pompey ----
    Harry came in for him and he saw ££££££££ signs and i bet if City came in at same time offered more and better contract he would be on "blue Moon" now....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]To be fair to Defoe, he didn't want to leave Spurs. It was only the chance to be with his mentor Redknapp that softened it for him. Once Redknapp left Pompey, Defoe was always going to go too.
    I would say a lot of players like to play for certain managers regardless of money.

The two examples quoted in Defoe and Bellamy sum up everything that is rotten in football at the moment. Not like me to stick up for the Hammers but they were prepared to pay good money on a player with a poor injury record and worse attitude. Since then, despite him being constantly in the treatment room they've stuck by him and paid him top dollar as well - as soon as another club makes an enquiry Bellamy thanks their loyalty by throwing his toys around and wants off. What a total and utter ####....

As for Defoe, well enough said that he wants an effing loyalty bonus...

People like these two are killing the game for me.
  • Options
    Lets not over-react.

It all went tits when Blackburn first bought the league - all the rest is just a logical progression...
  • Options
    I think you'll find in the case of Defoe he has been badly advised for a very long time.
    Agents have a lot to answer for, most footballers are too thick to handle the money side of things.
  • Options
    Kaka to stay at Milan
  • Options
    And can you blame him?

Thank goodness for some reality and one in the eye for the idiot that is Martin Samuels.
  • Options
    I don't think it matters, the damage has been done now. Overnight the wages at fees at the very top level have been doubled.
  • Options
    Well Craig Bellamy probably did alright out of it. Couldn't have happened to a nicer person.
  • Options
    West Ham did alright out of it too ......bought Bellamy for £7.5million, sold him for £14million.

Tidy little £6.5million profit.
    Gives them some transfer funds of their own + 'Get out of Jail Free' card towards their debt.
  • Options
    Deal OFF and robiniho has walked out of their teneriffe training camp and gone back to Brazil

whoops Hughsey could be available and very very soon
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    its all going wrong before its really starts LOL
  • Options
    People expecting the Premiership bubble to burst need to remember that this is a global product that is not solely at the mercy of the UK market - sad though that fact may be.

It will be very interesting to see how many folk in England junk their Sky subscription of 50 quid per month (or whatever they charge, I'm in Oz) as the recession starts to bite.

I may be wrong but I think that it would have to be a really bad downturn for Sky to lose many subscribers, it has been in the market a long time now and has established itself as a "must have" product.

Even if they do lose some UK subscriptions then the overseas market is growing exponentially right across Asia (I cover this for work) and EPL TV rights deals are going through the roof in markets like Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, Hong Kong and South Korea.

I met the guy who sells the overseas rights for the EPL at a conference last year, he had a smile on his dial like a dog with two dicks.

The Premiership gravy train is not going to end anytime soon.