Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Help From You Computer Techies Please

edited January 2009 in Not Sports Related
I have an E Book in PDF format which I want to publish. I have a domain name that can be pointed at it. I assume to do that it would need to be hosted somewhere with it's own URL? Anybody got any suggestions for the right hosting option, or is there another way? I've got BT Broadband with what I suspect is some free web space, so is there a programme I can use to create it's own URL and upload to my personal web space or am I talking complete cock?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    BT broadband should have some webspace for hosting, whats the domain name?
  • Options
    And is the domain name already registered and hosted with someone else?
  • Options
    the domain name is registered with somebody else it's called www.theway2success.org.uk
  • Options
    I only bought it yesterday. It's not pointing at anything.
  • Options
    so, the domain is yours, but not hosted by anyone yet?

Talk to BT Broadband and ask them if your package includes any web hosting, if so, they will give you the information to host your domain on their servers, you will need to download an FTP programme (some are free, like CUteFTP)to upload the website and PDF file, unless of course BT provide that as well, and may have some links on their site or programmes to do it for you.
  • Options
    I just bought the domain name and they have some hosting options but they want to charge me a monthly rate which I don't want. I'll try the BT route and the programme you suggest. Cheers.
  • Options
    No worries, I did one for a Legion club I was involved in and we had BT business Broadband, that did include web hosting upto a certain amount of MB (escapes me now), give us a whisper if you need any more help, I'm not an expert but I have built and uploaded websites in the past.