Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darren Randolph

A few months ago the boy came in for pelters on here for his refusual to play in the fa cup whilst on loan.

From the reports and the commentary he was one of our better players last night.

I will stick with what i said then.

Darren had every right to do what he did maybe he did it in the wrong way(who cares).

But i for one am glad he did

well done Darren looks like your decision to do what you did was right and i salute you young man for a very assured performance for the club that you love

Comments

• Options
    you forgot to thank me for reminding you about the situation so you could rub peoples noses's in it this morning
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Oh yeah and thankyou NSS for reminding me about dawen wandolph (for those on the match thwead last night)

what are your thoughts now people

nah nah nah nah nah
    ;-P
  • Options
    I thought he was/is a decent keeper - mucked up against Saints but that was it.

Had a blinder against Liverpool as well.
  • Options
    2 good young kids coming through,i have nothing against weaver,but he wont be here in the summer because of wages so if we can get rid in the window it would help
  • Options
    He played really well last night. Frankly although Elliot doesn't really deserve it, I'd play Randolf again on Saturday.
  • Options
    Randolph will be gutted if he's dropped - but Elloitt has done well too.

As a young player, it's all about gaining experience - and the only way to do that is to play matches.
  • Options
    Hard to tell who's the better keeper at the moment, even though they are about 22 (I think), they're still very young for keepers.

Weaver's actually injured, rather than him being dropped to 3rd choice keeper.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Harsh on which ever one is left out.

For what it is worth my view is to play Elliott and my reasoning is as follows.

Last season when Weaver was injured at Plymouth Elliott came on as sub and played out of his skin. Yet Randolph, as the then official number two keeper, was recalled from his loan to play against Southampton in the next match even though Elliott had played well.

In the interests of fairness and consistency Elliott, as the current number two, should be selected in the absence of Weaver since he has done nothing wrong in the matches he has played. The fault for our poor form as a team lays elsewhere.
  • Options
    Randolph the Red Nosed keeper, had a very shiny nose
    and when he played for Charlton, he never let in any goals !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Randolph the Red Nosed keeper, had a very shiny nose
    and when he played for Charlton, he never let in any goals !
    Thats mine!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]2 good young kids coming through,i have nothing against weaver,but he wont be here in the summer because of wages so if we can get rid in the window it would help

I wouldnt mind if he went now........ get him off the wage bill as u say, from wot ive seen the two young keepers weve got will be alright and are loving their chance to shine.....
  • Options
    Randolph has kept a clean sheet and made a good save at the end by all accounts. Elliott hasn't managed that. Randolph gets the nod for me.
  • Options
    The save wasn't THAT good - straight at him.

But CLEAN SHEET says it all - WELL DONE
  • Options
    I think with two good young keepers in Elliot and Randolph that either one of them or Weaver will go in the summer. We don't need three keepers and with our finances one has to go anyway.
  • Options
    The tip over was deflected by Fortune making him have to adjust whilst already moving he should have saved it but it was far from straightforward
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]I think with two good young keepers in Elliot and Randolph that either one of them or Weaver will go in the summer. We don't need three keepers and with our finances one has to go anyway.

Surely it will be Weaver, because of wages and although he was decent for us, he was rarely outstanding, so doesn't really justify his wages.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]Randolph has kept a clean sheet and made a good save at the end by all accounts. Elliott hasn't managed that. Randolph gets the nod for me.

Elliott did well, and isn't to blame for the continuation of bad results while he was custodian between the sticks.
    Randolph came in and got a clean sheet, so he should get the nod in the next match.

Both of them may serve to make the expensive Weaver expendable for Charlton.
  • Options
    South London Press :- Charlton set to sign keeper

Tuesday, 23 June 2009

By John Stanton

CHARLTON keeper Darren Randolph is expected to sign a new contract at The Valley on Thursday.

The 22-year-old will hold talks with Addicks boss Phil Parkinson when the squad returns for pre-season training at the end of this week, and the Charlton boss is hopeful the Republic of Ireland U21 international will commit his future to the club.

“We’ll have a chat with Darren on Thursday and hopefully we’ll be able to finalise something,” said Parkinson.
  • Options
    I think Parky will have a chat with him on Thursday and then he'll be on his toes, personally.

I also think he'll surprise a few folk and wash up in the CCC
  • Options
    Just signed a one year contract, shows there's money somewhere.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlieee[/cite]Just signed a one year contract, shows there's money somewhere.

Or we`ve sold someone !
  • Options
    Pleased about this. Prefer Elliot but two decent young keepers on the books.

Just Fortune to sign up now (plus Lita/Kandol/Lambert/Jardi/Small) and we have what looks like on paper a decent squad.

Unfortunately games aren't played on paper.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    Just Fortune to sign up now (plus Lita/quote]

Might as well start a Messi rumour...

Good news about Darren. Suspect that a few of our players are finding that the grass isn't always greener (or more lucrative).
  • Options
    Terrible Quoting Mclovin
  • Options
    good news on randolph with him and Rob i feel we have too good young gk who are more the equal to be playing in league one just need Fortune and holland to sign any one heard about where ZZ is i see thomas is on trial at wolves
  • Options
    hoped Holland gets fixed up soon but it won't be with us, he is now surplus to requirements. As for Forch, I hope he signs, but I doubt we can match what Sheff Utd and others will offer. All down to how much Jon wants to stay and whether he wants to uproot and move elsewhere.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Terrible Quoting Mclovin

agreed
  • Options
    Great keeper, probably one of the best in The Championship.
  • Options
    Too good to be a reserve at West Ham