Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Norwich v Charlton - FA Cup poll, views, MATCH THREAD

Comments

• Options
    lwh.gif
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite][img][url]http://reevo.com/b3ta/lwh.gif[/url][/img][/quote]

ha ha very good
  • Options
    "SACK THE BOARD" .....says a wurzle.

"PLAY UGLY", says a carrot cruncher.

"ThXT PRaF BLkoUgh!, said someone with straw in his mouth, so I couldn't understand what he said.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]"SACK THE BOARD" .....says a wurzle.

"PLAY UGLY", says a carrot cruncher.

"ThXT PRaF BLkoUgh!, said someone with straw in his mouth, so I couldn't understand what he said.[/quote]

I am aving terrible; trouble with my turnips.........
  • Options
    feck it sheffield 2 weeks on the spin ;-)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]feck it sheffield 2 weeks on the spin ;-)[/quote]

I knew you'd find something to moan about lol
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Neil Adams reckons we are going down, I hope the boys shove those words down his throat
  • Options
    norwoo.gif
  • Options
    Calm down guys normal service will be restored Saturday :-)
  • Options
    WOOO HOOO - lets hope this can be the start of something. interesting to see what he does with the back 5 after they got a clean sheet. I thought murty was superb on sat, but moots deserves a chance
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeteF[/cite]the boys

I dunno, one win against the other 'worst team in the division' and suddenly 'that useless bunch' are 'the boys' again. Is there anything as fickle as a football supporter?!? ;-)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: PeteF[/cite]the boys[/quote]

I dunno, one win against the other 'worst team in the division' and suddenly 'that useless bunch' are 'the boys' again. Is there anything as fickle as a football supporter?!? ;-)[/quote]

Nothing
  • Options
    haha! nope we are all fickle!! But they have won us all back over tonight. to be fair with a few new, Young CHARLTON faces too.

well done WRIGHT,RANDOLPH,MOOTS,BASEY,WAGGY,SHELVEY

would be interested to know the age of that side tonight inc subs and how many home grown players in the squad.,
  • Options
    "We're a bunch of gutless wonders, we've got no strikers, no quality"

"No creative intelligence, we''re going down"

"The manager's clueless, there's no ideas, those players are not playing for the shirt"

Nope, not Charlton supporters talking this time.

It's all on BBC Turnip Radio.
  • Options
    Ha!

No seriously, good on the lads - I'm genuinely delighted for them as much as myself. I've really felt they've been giving it their all in most of Parky's games in charge and they've taken some real low blows and a hell of a lot of flack but still come out fighting again the next match, even if they've struggled to sustain it for 90mins. Either way, I reckon they really deserved it tonight.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: superclive[/cite]

would be interested to know the age of that side tonight inc subs and how many home grown players in the squad.,

Forward thinking for the new league rules perhaps?
  • Options
    bang on Exiled and Also a big well done to BIG PHIL PARKINSON. HE MUST HAVE BEEN WELL CHUFFED
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    [quote][cite]Posted By: cafcpolo[/cite]
    It's because someone who knows where the goal is was taking the chance ;)[/quote]

Great call!! If we stay up I dare say Darren Ambrose will have had a major impact on proceedings.
  • Options
    Norwich fan here. Well done you deserved it, You looked decent in the second half but didn't look like scoring, Burton was non-existent. But continue to play like that and you'll get out of it.

Jonjo Shelvey looked a good talent, you'll be lucky to keep him.
  • Options
    Bugger- that's torn it, we've used up our win on a cup game!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cheers GeorgNCFC, we're lucky in our plight there was another rabble who are suffering the same stuff as us. We needed to play you tonight.

'Dawwen Huckewby, Iwan Woberts, Jewemy Goss, Steve Bwuce, Wobert Wosario & Glenn Woeder your boys have taken a hell of a beating!!'

'A Morwole Bwoosting wicktory'

'Happiest day of my life'

'The wife thinks i've gone mad. Been walking round the house playing a trumpet in celebration'

Cheers guys, the funniest match thread we've had i reckon !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: GeorgNCFC[/cite]Norwich fan here. Well done you deserved it, You looked decent in the second half but didn't look like scoring, Burton was non-existent. But continue to play like that and you'll get out of it.

Jonjo Shelvey looked a good talent, you'll be lucky to keep him.

Cheers GeorgNCFC.

Thanks, mate. As you'll appreciate we've been to hell and back this season.
    Sometimes we've played shite - and other times played well for long periods, and twice until the 94th minute, only to fall with the last kick of the match.

Jonjo is our shining light, although we've got some other useful young players on the fringes now.
  • Options
    Well done one and all and good night !
  • Options
    SHELVEY !!!!!!!!!! off TO nEWCASTLE
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ruddy22[/cite]SHELVEY !!!!!!!!!! off TO nEWCASTLE

always someone to add a dampner!
  • Options
    I have just read this thread, and it's priceless. AFKA you should frame this one.

All I can say is it was great to be there when we finally won a game after so long. Seeing the players and in particularly the younger ones hugging the fans at the end was pretty moving and shows how much they care.

So come on Parky, give the youngsters a chance. You want characters in the side, some of them showed real character and I'm not just talking about the home grown ones.

Bailey - a young player in his first season at this level played his socks off.
    Moo2 - a young player who has been overlooked too many times gave us attacking options.
    Ambrose - the youngest old player we have was excellent tonight and showed what he can do.
    Wright - Played his heart out, made a few mistakes but he was in the crowd at the end.
    Wagstaff - tried his hardest and showed the odd touch.
    Randolf - gave a flawless goal keeping performance.
    Basey - looks good enough at left back.

We need to find a striker who can score some goals. On the evidence of what I've seen so far thats not Burton. So why not give Dickson and McLeod a chance, especially at home eh Parky? If either Jonjo or Ambrose play just behind one of them, that could be a winning combination because either is capable of playing a through ball and both can score goals.
  • Options
    I think we'll see Parkinson stick with 4-4-1-1 for a while now. We don't have many good strikers, but we've got loads of central midfielders, and two in Shelvey and Ambrose who's best position is in a free role behind the striker. ZZ can also play there, but I'm expecting him to leave.

Great to see that squad, 9 out of 18 coming through our youth system. Still have Solly to make the bench who is another promising player, and Arter out on loan. No doubt we'll be forced to use them a lot more, especially if we go down.

Will be interesting to see what Parkinson does on Saturday, does he put Murty back in, does he keep playing Shelvey, will he drop Wright and if so who for. We've got Racon and ZZ to come back from injury, but ZZ might leave, even Ambrose could.

Don't know if anyones mentioned it, but Weaver is actually injured, rather than be dropped to 3rd choice keeper. Said in the Forest match report on the OS he has a hip injury.
  • Options
    god, i've missed everything because of work etc. I can't believe it! We've fuckin won! I am just so happy... so happy. Come on Phil! BTW I voted for us to win. but, fuck, I'm so happy. Wish I'd been there. Never give up. CAFC
  • Options
    What a great result, didn' t get up early enough in Singapore to listen to it but nice to know that my feeling about a win was right.

Onwards and upwards Charlton - got to build on it now - but ain't it great to be celebrating a win !!!
  • Options
    Had Charlton in my footy bet 4 aways WBA..SHEFF UTD ..POMPEY and the super reds £8 win Acc...£290 return Charlton bumped the Winnings up .... they were only 11/4 to win at Norwich.

Happy days