Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tevez/Argentina

I watched the United/Chelsea game yesterday and was amazed at what happened when Carlos Tevez was warming up on the touchline, the crowd were chanting "Argentina, Argentina" which to be honest pissed me off.

Don't those people chanting remember the Falklands War, the infamous "Hand of God" goal by Maradonna or just the general crap that Tevez has brought to English football since he signed for West Ham, investigations still ongoing.

Maybe I am just being a grumpy old git who is not prepared to forget but I know that if Tevez signed for us and scored the goals that kept us up I would still not stand up and sing "Argentina, Argentina"

Comments

• Options
    Totally agree.
    Then again, they got over the Ronaldo/Beckham incident soon enough.
    Breed of their own, or inbred?
  • Options
    the mancs have done that for years they did it to us when we were booing beckham, when we played them just after beckham got sent off against the argies
  • Options
    Fair comment nth London but if I am not mistaken the West Ham fans sang this too.
  • Options
    United fans aren't too keen on In-gur-land...
  • Options
    And their famous "cos England are shite" song.
  • Options
    I read or heard somewhere a while ago that it's not the English Man U fans who chant things like that (they're still all cnuts tho)
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    That's why everyone hates Man Utd - they aren't "English" like us, regardless of how many internationals they've brought through they've always got their individual, isolated agenda.

how many Man U fans do you see at England games? For the best supported club in the country, barely any. The likes of Leeds, Pompey, Chelsea, Spurs, Brum, Villa, WBA and Wolves pale them into insignificance. They think of themselves as a nation of their own, best away support in the country bar none but least admired club.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]That's why everyone hates Man Utd - they aren't "English" like us, regardless of how many internationals they've brought through they've always got their individual, isolated agenda.
    quote]

Carefull, you'll have Rothko accusing you of being a BNP activist with pro-English comments like that. :-)