Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jobs for the boys or

edited January 2009 in General Charlton
choosing characters of a never say die character that Parky knows have the right attitude for the fight?
Seems like Parky may be going down the road of bringing in a few 'old' aquantances.
What do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    If he knows the players then we have to trust him.

Although I am expecting us to sign Jimmy Quinn next week...
  • Options
    He's definately looking at players up for a fight, and in Murty and hopefully Brown i think we'll have that, if only for a short time.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]choosing characters of a never say die character that Parky knows have the right attitude for the fight?
    Seems like Parky may be going down the road of bringing in a few 'old' aquantances.
    What do you guys think?

Lots of managers do it. Clough took John O'Hare everywhere with him, Curbs bought a lot of players from his time at Brighton (Gatting, Nelson, Robinson)
  • Options
    Regardless if your a football manager or a manager of a company, when times are tough you will have to use the people in life that you can trust to do a good job rather than take a punt on and hope they work out. As PP has pointed out the club now face 20 cup finals and we need players that are going to scrap and fight for 95 minutes of each and everyone of those 20 games.The players must also have the right attitude in the dressing room and on the training pitch, bringing in a team mentallaty and not a bunch of individuals in which we have inheratied over the last three seasons in which now reflects on the positions we currently find ourselves in.If players wish to go then let them go, we need hungry players, players who wish to prove a point to the club, potential buyers, or there current club. One of most succesful times was when Curbishley bought the players, such as Eddie Youds and Danny Mills on transfer deadline day, we then went onto to win at Crewe, and remained undeafeted until the end of the season. Parkie is bringing in the right calibure of player and as a fan i am certainly warming to his comments on the website and within the press. He comes across a man who cares about the club, the fans and wants to succed. If the players play with the same amount of passion as this guy is showing we should be ok.
  • Options
    What WIWALB said
  • Options
    The proof will be in the pudding though of who exactly is doing who the favour here.

Murty knowing his old mate is in the mire and fancies the challenge ?

Parky helping his old mate is lacking fitness and thinks he can assist ?

Ideally, it will be a combination of the two. I like Parky and i like the sound of Murty, seems the right character, so i'm sure the right intentions are there. But Murty played his first game in 8 months on Saturday, and had a stinker. By his own words, he was well short of what was needed. He isn't dropping down a division and playing at an easier level, he will be playing at the level he noticeably struggled at last week. I'm confident it won't be the case, but if it turns out he isn't up to it, then i would be very annoyed.
  • Options
    I am not sure about Murty but stand to be wrong and hop e I am.

Think Parky is spot on by going with players he knows and trusts only way to go for me.