Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Elvis Birthday

edited January 2009 in General Charlton
80 th Friday i think, with this in mind what songs from the King are apropriate for us now ?

on the radio now

" maybe i didnt treat you as good as i should have" from the TEAM to the fans

Comments

• Options
    Way Down...
  • Options
    'Take these chains from my heart'
  • Options
    It's today and he would have been 74. I knew that without looking it up. How sad.

How about
    "Mystery (what the first team do in) Train(ing)"

I'll get me drape...
  • Options
    Return to Sender, for the Loanees!!!!
  • Options
    'Happy Ending' would be good, but probably 'Surrender'
  • Options
    Yep, he would have been 74 today, born on 8th January 1935, Tupelo, Mississipi, born shortly after his twin brother Jess Garon, who sadly died during birth complications.

RIP the King, thank you for the music.
  • Options
    Yes indeed, brought up listening to his music and remember waiting with anticipation to hearing each new release (usually on crackly old Luxemburgh) then cadging the money to buy it.Lots of great memories. My choice:' Trouble ' and 'It's Now or Never'.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]Yes indeed, brought up listening to his music and remember waiting with anticipation to hearing each new release (usually on crackly old Luxemburgh) then cadging the money to buy it.Lots of great memories. My choice:' Trouble ' and 'It's Now or Never'.

The man is my hero (not ashamed to admit it either)

I have different favourites from different era's, for instance for vocals and sound, Love Me from the 50's is awesome, where as Polk Salad Annie, live in the 70's is just outstanding.

60's, obscure stuff like Edge Of Reality & Long Black Limousine etc do it for me (apart from the normal chart stuff he had)
  • Options
    As the snow flies
    On a cold and gray Charlton mornin'
    A poor little football team is torn
    In the Valley
    And its manager cries
    'cause if there's one thing that he don't need
    it's a season in divison three
    In the Valley
  • Options
    RIP E.P

(also Bowie's birthday today)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And my nephew's 18th, he's out for his first legal pint tonight!
  • Options
    Have one for the King and at the end of the evening a quick rendition of 'Blue Suede Shoes',