Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Have you ever swapped Charlton memorabilia for something from an opposing fan ?

edited January 2009 in General Charlton
Anyone ever done this ?

Swapped shirts with an Ayr United fan after our Charlton supporters team went up there for a cup match. Well i say swapped, he presented me with a shirt in the pub after the game so felt obliged to give him mine. Quite ironic as he was literally twice the size of me !

Comments

• Options
    So he was a five footer then (sorry mate couldn't resist)
  • Options
    When we were in that silly cup final (was it called Simod cup) at Wembley, where we lost 1-0 to Blackburn. I had bought a Charlton cap. As we left the ground a Blackburn supporter came up to me, snatched my cap and plonked his Blackburn hat on my head. I chased after him and swopped them back saying 'i don't want that F'ing thing (his hat) My mate was 'in stitches' watching all this and called me a misery.
    I've still got the cap (somewhere)
  • Options
    Swapped a Charlton tie with Bradford's CEO's. Had to blag another tie of Peter Varney's PA
  • Options
    lol Daggs, well funny..
  • Options
    When we were relegated from the old First Division our Final game was at Old Trafford before Utd played Palace in the Cup Final the following week handed my Charlton scarf to a Utd fan, pretty sure a lot of us were in fancy dress that day.
  • Options
    Sunderland guy about 1976 big cermony on the pitch just after the game had finished. I gave him a headache he gave me a broken hand.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]When we were relegated from the old First Division our Final game was at Old Trafford before Utd played Palace in the Cup Final the following week handed my Charlton scarf to a Utd fan, pretty sure a lot of us were in fancy dress that day.[/quote]

Me too, that was a great day out at Old Trafford. They beat Palace in the FACF (thank God) a couple of weeks later.

That day would have been even better if some long-armed bastard hadn't reached over me and snatched Joe McLaughlin's shirt as it came right towards me after he threw it into the crowd after the game.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]When we were relegated from the old First Division our Final game was at Old Trafford before Utd played Palace in the Cup Final the following week handed my Charlton scarf to a Utd fan, pretty sure a lot of us were in fancy dress that day.

Me too, that was a great day out at Old Trafford. They beat Palace in the FACF (thank God) a couple of weeks later.

That day would have been even better if some long-armed bastard hadn't reached over me and snatched Joe McLaughlin's shirt as it came right towards me after he threw it into the crowd after the game.....

Yes that was a classic, I was dressed as a schoolboy. Stayed with mates in Hayward that night and bumped into a bloke in the pub later on with a Charlton hat on that he had swapped with one of ours after the game.

I still have the Utd badge I got in exchange for my CAFC one somewhere.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I can't remember who it was but when we went to italy for the anglo italian cup game(may have been the brescia game) someone threw their shirt over the wall and got a badge in return,i think he was expecting a shirt.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]When we were relegated from the old First Division our Final game was at Old Trafford before Utd played Palace in the Cup Final the following week handed my Charlton scarf to a Utd fan, pretty sure a lot of us were in fancy dress that day.

I got Gritt's shirt that day. For some reason he had No.9. Back in them days, it used to fit me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]When we were relegated from the old First Division our Final game was at Old Trafford before Utd played Palace in the Cup Final the following week handed my Charlton scarf to a Utd fan, pretty sure a lot of us were in fancy dress that day.[/quote]

That day would have been even better if some long-armed bastard hadn't reached over me and snatched Joe McLaughlin's shirt as it came right towards me after he threw it into the crowd after the game.....[/quote]

I got Gritt's shirt that day.[/quote]

You bastard!!!!
  • Options
    that's the game our Dad refused to give his Charlton scarf to some Manc at the end of the game..............hilarious...........stuff of legends in our house!!!
  • Options
    cant we get our last game of the season away for a fancy dress party you know what for :-(
  • Options
    I know a swansea fan swapped my flag for a clump
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]I can't remember who it was but when we went to italy for the anglo italian cup game(may have been the brescia game) someone threw their shirt over the wall and got a badge in return,i think he was expecting a shirt.

I remember that. The Ancona game
  • Options
    saliva
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]saliva

I hope it wasn't with a Palace fan...Lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Sunderland guy about 1976 big cermony on the pitch just after the game had finished. I gave him a headache he gave me a broken hand.

LOL...traded many things with opposing supporters in my "pwoper naughty" days

Remember the Old Trafford game well, sat in their main stand, and remember the almost guards parade on the way out with them clapping us all the way back towards OT station by the cricket ground.
  • Options
    Nope
  • Options
    last week coming away from The Valley I swapped a hat for some big inflatable bubble thing. Needed a truck to get it home and it blew the fuse box !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Ditto.