Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FAO the Board

I know our decision is made but if you wanted an idea of what a new boss coming in to your club can do check out the fact that Derby are beating Man yoo and forest beat Man Citeh

i really hope you know what youre doing and have done

the loss in money has depressed me but i am watching all those we need to catch putting in performances that i can only dream of

Comments

• Options
    The boards of those just above us are reacting! and getting a reaction! are ours?
  • Options
    I'm sorry but CUP games against higher league oppo is not a good benchmark to go against is it.

everyone knows players and fans raise their gme against the bigge clubs in cup games and upsets happen for one reason or another.

In 4-5 weeks time come back and say it IF, and it is a big IF, forest/derby ave won 5 games on the trot
  • Options
    They'll have MORE chance of winning 5 games on the trot than we have given their uplift in form for a new manager .... ours are seeing the same old face for the last two years in some shape or form

And anyway - we haven't won in 17 - both of these sides have ....
  • Options
    or ledge he players have now got to show the mgmt whayt they are about and why he shouldnt jog them on. Andy Todd was outstanding yesterday, Derby under jewell we should have beaten that derby we would not have
  • Options
    I don't disagree with your sentiments NLA just saying you can't use a cup semi final against the euro/world champsa s a benchmark - I would liek to think our players would riase their game 50 % against a Utd because let's face it Derby reaised their game by at least that going on their recent form as well.
  • Options
    At least they made a cup semi final vs the current European champs .... who did we lose to? Oh yes, that's right ...
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I see what Ledge is saying, BUT : a week ago I had Derby down as one of the three clubs on the slide that we might - just might- sneak above come the end of the season.

I no longer think that. Having seen last night's game on TV, I would say there is no way that this is going to go down in Derby's history as the season in whch they beat Man U AND got relegated to div one (three)...a view also based on the lift I expect Clough to give them.

Finally, Ledge, when you say "Everyone knows players and fans raise their game against the bigger clubs in cup games", do you think we would if we were to come up against a Man U right now? Or would we simply crumble?

ps : hate to say this, but Andy Todd was immense last night...
  • Options
    bumpkin billinaire club.
  • Options
    And to think that they managed to beat Man U without their new striker too!:-)
  • Options
    So you mean Varney wasn't the only one who wasn't playing, Len?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]So you mean Varney wasn't the only one who wasn't playing, Len?

He was cup tied having played for us in the farce against Yeovil which I had the misfortune to attend.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, I know, Len. But I was wondering who Derby's ' missing 'new striker'' was ? You surely didn't mean....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Yeah, I know, Len. But I was wondering who Derby's ' missing 'new striker'' was ? You surely didn't mean....

No not him...

just making a quip about Varney
  • Options
    That's what I meant, too!
  • Options
    Where has Derek gone? :(

He said to me he wouldn't sack Pardew even if they lost the next 10 games. Not happy.