Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chappell's coded words

'Chappell, who took over as chairman in March, added: "Our main task now is to secure our place in the Championship through improved performances and success on the playing field during the remainder of this season.

"Everyone connected with the football club remains determined to achieve this. We require full support for the team and its management and a united approach both on and off the pitch.'

Who exactly are these comments being addressed to do you think?

Comments

• Options
    Everybody within the club, and everybody who claims to be a supporter.

It's a rallying cry for everybody to pull together. While we still have a chance.
  • Options
    Chappell is about right i think. Just read the threads on here and you'll see what he means. we're mourning relegation before it's even happened. If there was ever a time when the fans need to get behind the players it is now. It's not about whether they deserve it or not. It's OUR club not theirs. If we go down the players will move on and play somewhere else, and it will be the fans who are stuck with consequences of their failures.

Don't give the playing staff and manager support for their benefit, do it for our own.
  • Options
    Being fed up with where we are, some might say angry, and getting behind the team on match days are not mutually exclusive.

I will be there on Saturday cheering on the team.
  • Options
    I think it means exactly what it says. However, if you translate it into Hebrew, only read every fifth word and chuck in a few words of your own to make it read how you want it to, it actually says

"I'm a Palace fan and my one aim in life is to run Charlton into the ground".

Honestly, it's true I tell ye!

Now, can we do away with the Da Vinci code theories please?!
  • Options
    Of course not, we've got to keep our obssession with "spin" going here, haven't we?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]Of course not, we've got to keep our obssession with "spin" going here, haven't we?

Bowlin Warney